News of the Week
Here are a few reminders for next week:
- Happy New Year... We had a great time setting some goals for the New Year- see above! The kids had very nice ideas for themselves, I was impressed!!
- Friday Folders... You will find their December writing and a few other odds and ends from this week, plus the January calendar. Please make sure to completely empty Friday folders each week!!
- Mrs. Williams' Absences NEXT week... I will be out half a day on Monday to attend a grade level meeting here at school and then from Wednesday-Friday to attend a professional learning conference about reading. Unfortunately this all fell in the same week. Please send any notes in folders instead of sending an e-mail. Also, PLEASE remind the kids to be on their BEST behavior for our substitute, Mrs. Lisa Stevens. Mrs. Stevens is a former FMES employee and parent and also a long time sub here, so she will do an excellent job!
- NEW Library Day... we will be going to the library on THURSDAY now, so please remember to send RED folders AND library books on Thursday!
- PIR... PIR will begin again next week, so please keep logging all of your reading at home and remember to send their folders on Thursdays. If they forget their folder, the kids have to wait until the next week to move up in levels.
- Report Cards... these will come home on Friday, January 12th
- Remember... No school on Monday, January 15th for MLK, Jr. Day!
- Practice sight words (list below)
- Write stories at home... try to label the pictures or add sentences by saying the words slowly and recording the sounds that you hear!
- Count to 100 by tens and ones
- Write your numbers 0-20
- Count groups objects accurately (20 or less)
How-to Access Our eClass Page
2) Type in your child's student number (200....)
3) Their password is their initials, the month of their birthday, and the day of their birthday (i.e. mine would be lw1224)
** If content on our page is not loading, but sure to look in your address bar for the security shield and click 'load unsafe scripts' or whatever your wording may be! **