GLA West Connections
Week of April 1- April 5
Growing into our Greatness ...Not a Moment to Waste!
Intercession Paperwork Being Sent Home
Tomorrow, Thursday, April 18th, tutoring permission slips will be sent home to scholars invited for tutoring during spring intercession. Please note that tutoring during intersession will take place from 8am-12pm and it will consist of reading and math enrichment. Scholars will be selected based on the most recent iReady data. Signed permission slips are due back on Wednesday, April 24th. NO EXCEPTIONS.
*There will be no other programming (or Camp Excellence) offered for spring intersession. Camp will resume during our summer intersession.
PSSA Testing has begun!
The test days are:
- 3rd-8th Grade English Language Exam: April 16-18
- 3rd-8th Grade Math Exam: April 29-30
- 4th & 8th Science Exam: May 1st & 2nd
Parent Tips for the PSSA
Global Excursion Final Payments Due
- 6th, 7th, and 8th grade: payments are now PAST DUE!
- 5th grade: April 23rd
Scholars who have not made final payments by the deadline will lose their seats. If there are any concerns, please contact Ms. Fuller at email@example.com
Denim and Diamonds Special Services Family Dance
Friday, April 26th, 6pm
4601 West Girard Avenue
RSVPs are enabled for this event.
National Honor Society Toy drive
We have officially kicked off our countdown to PSSAs!
The PSSA exams are HERE! This year’s PSSA prep theme, “We Can Do It,” intends to encourage your scholar to work with diligence and confidence on the exam. As partners in your scholar’s learning, we want to share our initiatives alongside ways you can partner in order set your scholar up for success.
- iReady: Ensure your scholars is getting at-home practice with content by spending 45-minutes per week on iReady math and reading.
- Attendance: Your scholar’s presence at school directly correlates to their success on the PSSA exam. Please ensure your scholar arrives on time daily in order to receive relevant
- ELA State-Wide Testing (3-8 grade): April 16-18
- Math State-Wide Testing (3-8 grade): April 29-30
- Science State-Wide Testing (4 & 8 grade): May 1-2