Board of Education News & Notes
Flemington-Raritan Regional School District
Board Meeting Highlights - 6/22/2020
The Flemington-Raritan Regional Board of Education held a regular meeting, via Zoom, on Monday, June 22, 2020. Below is a recap of the meeting:
- All agenda motions were approved: Agenda.
- The Board read a motion into the agenda and approved Board member Laurie Markowski to attend a virtual school law workshop in the amount of $299. This motion will be reflected in the meeting minutes.
- Dr. McGann shared her Superintendent's Report, linked here, which includes the FRSD Virtual Choir performance, Why We Sing; an overview of the 2020 Climate Survey results; and a call to committee to serve on four task forces (personnel, finance, physical/mental health and operations/governance) for possible re-opening scenarios.
- Board Member Christopher Walker announced his resignation from the board, effective December 31, 2020.
- An audio recording of the meeting will be available on our web site here.
Policy & Regulation Update
- P 1581 - Domestic Violence (M)
- P 2422 - Health and Physical Education (M)
The Board introduced the following new regulation for a first reading:
- R 1581 - Domestic Violence (M)
An (M) denotes a state-mandated policy/regulation. Revisions to our online policy/regulation manual will be completed this week. All Board policies and regulations are available online here.
The Flemington-Raritan Regional School District values children. Together, WE:
Foster social, emotional, and academic growth in a safe and nurturing environment.
Respect values and traditions within our families and schools.
Strive to respond to the needs of our diverse and changing community.
Develop the curiosity and creativity of critical thinkers to become collaborative problem solvers who meet the challenges of a globally competitive society.
Every Student - Every Day - Every Opportunity