Read at Home!
Top Five Reasons to Read at Home:
2. It will improve your fluency and comprehension.
3. Reading will expand your vocabulary.
4. The more you read, the more you know.
5. It's fun!
Tips for Parents:
2. Provide your child with a variety of fiction and nonfiction books.
3. Make books special. Visit the library and buy books as gifts.
4. Read to your child. Encourage your child to read to you, a sibling, even the family pet!
5. As you read, ask your child questions about the book. After, have them retell the most important events from the story.