The Cure Panel Talk Show on Myeloma
with Dr. Ajai Chari of Mt.Sinai
The Cure Panel Talk Show on 26 September, 2013 @ 6pm ET
The Cure Panel Talk Show is excited to feature Dr. Ajai Chari, from Mount Sinai Hospital on Thursday, 26 September @ 6pm ET.
Dr. Ajai Chari is Assistant Professor Medicine, Hematology, and Medical Oncology. Dr. Chari served as an Assistant Professor of Medicine at the Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, where he founded and developed the multiple myeloma program and was also a member of the stem cell transplant program. He then joined the nationally renowned myeloma program at St Vincents Comprehensive Cancer Center prior to its transition to the Mount Sinai Medical Center. He is the principal investigator on several clinical trials. He has also given numerous lectures on plasma cell disorders and has served as a moderator and abstract reviewer for the American Society of Hematology in this field. He is the Mt Sinai representative on the Multiple Myeloma Research Consortium.
Topic: CLINICAL TRIALS
Myeloma Beacon columnist and blogger, Pat was diagnosed with multiple myeloma in April 2007 at age 51. Pat who was in remission has recently learned that his myeloma is back. Pat is an author of three myeloma books and the fourth one is expected to hit the stands by the end of the year. Pat’s books include, Living with Multiple Myeloma, Stem Cell Transplants-A Patient’s Perspective, and New Multiple Myeloma Therapies. He maintains two blogs, Living with Multiple Myeloma and Help with Cancer.
Cynthia Chmielewski is a Jersey Girl! She was born and raised in “The Burg” made famous by the novels of Janet Evanovich. After graduating from Rutgers University she secured a job as a special needs educator and has been teaching ever since. Cynthia was diagnosed with Stage 3 Multiple Myeloma in 2008 and began treatment with novel therapies immediately. She retired from teaching after 28 years of service when a Stem Cell Transplant failed to put her into remission. Now that she is retired she uses her passion for education to teach a new group of “students”- myeloma patients and their caregivers. Cynthia is an active member of the Philadelphia Multiple Myeloma Networking Group, a trained mentor, and participates in several online communities. She also is very active on Twitter. Naturally her Twitter name is @MyelomaTeacher.
Myeloma Cure Panel Talk Show @ 6 pm ET
Thursday, Sep. 26th 2013 at 6pm
This is an online event.
The Cure Panel Talk Show Format
- 6.00 pm - Conference call starts.
- 6.00 pm - Moderator welcomes and introduces co-host, and panelists.
- 6.01 pm - Co-host introduces the expert and panelists.
- 6.03 pm - Experts speak on the topic.
- 6.13 pm - Panelists begin discussion.
- 6.45 pm - Discussion is opened up for listeners.
- 6:59 pm - Moderator thanks co-host, panelists, and participants.
- 7.00 pm - Call comes to an end.
LISTEN to MYELOMA CURE PANEL TALK SHOW BROADCASTS HERE
- AUGUST MYELOMA CURE PANEL with Dr. Ravi Vij on Latest Myeloma Treatments
- SEPTEMBER MYELOMA CURE PANEL with Dr. Parameswaran Hari and Gary PetersenonMyeloma Disease Progression and Treatment
- OCTOBER MYELOMA CURE PANEL with Pat Killingsworth on Myeloma Cure vs Control
- NOVEMBER MYELOMA CURE PANEL with Dr. James R. Berenson on Myeloma Treatment without Transplant
- JANUARY MYELOMA CURE PANEL with Dr. Shaji K. Kumar and Dr. Edward A. Faber onNew Promising Treatments for Myeloma
- FEBRUARY MYELOMA CURE PANEL with Pat Killingsworth, Gary Petersen, Nick Van Dyk, and Sandy Hirsch - An online support group discussion.
- MARCH MYELOMA CURE PANEL with Matt Goldman, Anya Prince, Amy Garofalo and Pat Killingsworth - Working While Living with Myeloma.
- APRIL MYELOMA CURE PANEL with Dr. Robert Orlowski on Exciting New Drugs and Combinations for Myeloma.
- JUNE MYELOMA CURE PANEL with Don Baylor and Dr. James Berenson on Stress and Impact of Stress while Living with Myeloma.
- JULY MYELOMA CURE PANEL with Dr. Shaji K. Kumar on Myeloma ASCO Updates.
- AUGUST MYELOMA CURE PANEL with Dr. Ravi Vij and Anne Quinn Young of MMRF on Allogenic Stem Cell Transplant: Pros and Cons.
About Cure Panel Talk Show
Cure Panel is organized by CureTalk, a blog dedicated to discussing the future of medicine and the latest treatments under development. Cure Panel Talk Show is a series of monthly conference calls that will feature leading medical experts in conversation with patients/bloggers/researchers/health consumers. The panel will discuss latest cures under development of a given condition like Myeloma, Prostate Cancer.
CureTalk is a blog of TrialX.com, an online platform to connect patients to clinical trials of new treatments.
Find Myeloma Trials at http://myelomatrials.org
Ask Dory for Clinical trials for all conditions at http://trialx.com/ask