Wild Rose Elementary
October 23, 2020
A Note From Mrs. Solomon
In this Week's News:
- You Matter, by Christian Robinson read by Theresa Solomon with the Wild Rose Panther
- Halloween Celebrations
- Wild Rose Spirit Wear - Closes Sunday, October 25th
- Student Council & Big Hearts of Fox Valley
- An Update from the Health Office
- Maddie's Mitten March
- Food Service Update
Have a fabulous weekend!
A Reading with Mrs. Solomon and the Wild Rose Panther
- Costumes may be worn to school UNLESS it is a inflatable costume that would distract both the student and other students to move and view teaching. Inflatable costumes will be brought and changed into for their celebration. Please remember that students will need to conduct their everyday activities in their costumes (recess, P.E., etc.).
- The ONLY masks worn are the safety masks that are worn daily. Other masks will not be allowed.
- Celebrations will occur at different times throughout the day due to our lunch and specials schedules.
- There will be NO parade for families to attend.
- There will be NO food at any of the celebrations.
- Classroom teachers are working with their parent liaison to plan and provide for their classroom celebrations.
While we know this will be different our staff and families are working to make it a fun and enjoyable day!
Wild Rose Spirit Wear - Closes this Sunday, October 25th
Every Friday at Wild Rose is spirit wear day, wear your Wild Rose Spirit wear or show your school spirit by wearing our school colors red or blue at home or at school!
Wild Rose Student Council Helps with Big Hearts of Fox Valley Toy Drive
- Wednesday, October 28th
- Friday, November 6th
- Wednesday, November 11th
This is an opportunity for all of our families to drop-off and remain in their vehicles (in-person or remote).
Unwrapped toys can also be dropped off anytime in the front foyer of Wild Rose, if you need to drop off at a different day or time.
A Message from the Health Office
Health Office Contact Information
If a family needs to contact the school nurse with a doctor's note to return to school or has a question, please contact us at:
Brittany Jensen (Certified School Nurse) - Brittany.Jensen@d303.org
Amy Julie (Registered Nurse) - firstname.lastname@example.org
Policy Regarding if a Member of a Student's Household is symptomatic without diagnostic testing or clinical evaluation.
If an individual in a student's home is experiencing COVID like symptoms and has not received a COVID test or has not been evaluated by a health care provider then household members (any person living in the home e.g. siblings that attend any D303 school, parents) are to quarantine.
COVID-like symptoms include: Fever (100.4° F or higher), new onset of moderate to severe headache, shortness of breath, new cough, sore throat, vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain from an unknown cause, new congestion/runny nose, new loss of sense of taste or smell, nausea, fatigue from unknown cause, muscle or body aches. Medical Evaluation and Testing are Strongly Recommended for ALL persons with COVID-Like Symptoms.
Students will be able to return to school when:
- If a COVID test is completed for the family member and test results are negative, the students in the family may return to school.
- If the symptomatic family member is evaluated by his/her doctor and an alternative diagnosis is given to the family member, the students in the family may return to school.
- If no COVID testing or no evaluation by a healthcare provider of the symptomatic family member, the family member will need to stay home 10 calendar days from onset of symptoms and ALL children in the family will need to stay home 14 calendar days from the onset of symptoms.
- If the symptomatic family member tests positive for COVID-19, the symptomatic family will stay home for 10 calendar days and need a release from isolation letter from the health department. All children in the family will need to stay home for 14 days and will need a release from quarantine letter from their local health department.
If a family needs a release letter from the local health department, here are the contact numbers for the health department. The department you contact will depend on where you live.
Kane County: 630 -208-3801
Dupage County :(630) 682-7400
Wild Rose PTO
The PTO will meet Monday, November 2nd via Zoom. Zoom Link will be provided at a later date. Please check the link below to see all that is happening in the October newsletter.
Wild Rose Dates to Remember
Friday, October 30 - Classroom Halloween Celebrations
Monday, November 2 - PTO meeting via Zoom 6:30 pm
Tuesday, November 3 - Election Day, No school for Students or Staff
Monday, November 9 - Teacher Remote Planning Day, No school for Students
Friday, November 13 - End of 1st Trimester Elementary Schools
Monday, November 23-25 - Non-Attendance Days - No school
Thursday, November 26-27- Thanksgiving Break - No School