Welcome Back, YWLA!
Here's a glance at August 3rd-10th...
Some Useful General Information:
- On-Campus Hours: 8:30-4:30 with a 30-minute lunch (unless otherwise indicated).
- Dress code is business casual
- Help ensure we start on time so we can end on time. Be sure to arrive on time, return from lunches and breaks on time, and be ready to go at the indicated start time.
- Instructional staff (i.e., teachers, co-teachers, SPED): Attend all instructional activities.
- Front Office Staff: Ms. Trevino will communicate your daily hours.
- Use your badge to Raptor in/out each day at the Welcome Desk by the main entrance.
- When you're not in sessions, be sure to use your time wisely to plan and prepare for our students' virtual return. Have fun and learn things :)
In our ever-evolving pandemic world...
- Masks are encouraged.
- Wash your hands often. If soap and water aren't available, use hand sanitizer.
- Social distancing as much as possible in classrooms, hallways, etc.
PD Norms: Respect, etc.
Respect each other, the presenter, the meeting.
Engage with the learning/each other.Tech use: Keep it appropriate.
Connect learning to what you do.
Friday, August 6, 2021 (Campus Day)
8:30 | AM Session @ YWLA Cafeteria
- Nuts & Bolts (Andrews)
- 504 (Andrews)
10:30-12:30 | CKH: Custom, Culture, Connection
- Zoom individually in your classroom, not in groups
- Engage with the learning
- Cameras on unless otherwise requested
1:00 | PM Session @ YWLA Cafeteria
- Staff Teambuilding
Monday, August 9, 2021 (On Campus)
AM Session @ YWLA Cafeteria
8:30 | Nuts & Bolts, Part 2
- Welcome/Good Things (Burns)
- SEL (Team Elevate)
- CKH/Social Contract (Collins)
- Advisory (Burns)
- Houses (Butler)
- SPED (Johnson)
- BIC (Carrion)
- Nurse Info (Nurse Patti)
- Finance Info (Acevedo)
PM Session @ YWLA Cafeteria
1:00-1:55 | Reach Training (Parent Communication Tool)
- Zoom from your classroom --> If you don't have a computer, we'll stream it from the library.
- Zoom here: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/85266614412
2:15-2:45 | YWLA: Where we were, where we are, and where we're going
- AKA: Data and next steps
2:45-3:15 | First Day/Week Procedures
Note: We'll move times up if sessions finish quicker. My goal is to get you the information you need AND get you as much time in your classroom as possible.
Tuesday, August 10, 2021 (On Campus)
Teacher Work Day
Attire: Business casual or regular casual (jeans/shorts, tshirt)
Optional Sessions in the Library
- 9:00 | Skyward Basics (Thornton)
- 10:00 | Canvas Basics (Thornton)
- 11:00 | Classroom Organization: Tips to make things go smoother/Presentation Basics: High-value apps/sites/strategies to get you started (Butler)
- 1:00 | Canvas for Experienced Users: We will walk through copying Course info from last year into your current Master Course, then cross-list your other sections as part of the Checklist (Thornton)
- 2:00 | New Teachers who haven't received technology: come to the library to receive a loaner to use until you get your district technology