Upcoming No School Days 📆
Last Day of School: Wednesday, June 2
School will dismiss at 12:55 p.m.
Library News: Book Fair now through May 8!
Our Scholastic Buy 1, Get 1 FREE* Book Fair will connect your kids to fun books and inspiring characters, helping them become lifelong readers while doubling their reading fun! Not only will your child be able to choose from a wonderful selection of titles before the summer vacation starts, they will be able to get one free book for every book they buy!
Important information for our Fair, held May 3-8 in Clive Learning Academy's lobby entryway with after-school hours from 4-6 p.m. Thursday, May 6, and 9-11 a.m. Saturday, May 8.
- Safety First: The safety and well-being of your child is our priority. We’re taking extra precautions to host a safe, socially-distanced Fair at our school, focusing on preventive measures. Learn more at http://bit.ly/BookFairSafety.
- Contactless Checkout: With Book Fair eWallet, a digital payment account, your child can shop the Fair cash-free. And now grandparents, friends, and others can contribute to your child’s eWallet to help build their home library!
- Shop Online*: Can’t make it to our in-person Fair? Experience the Book Fair fun by visiting our Virtual Book Fair! You can shop more than 6,000 products, and all orders ship direct to your home (with free shipping on book-only orders over $25*). Unfortunately, Buy 1, Get 1 pricing does not apply to our online Fair.
Visit our Book Fair homepage to learn more and get started with eWallet: https://www.scholastic.com/bf/clivelearningacademy1
From the Nurse
Attention parents of sixth grade learners: Before entering seventh grade, all sixth grade students need a Meningococcal and Tdap vaccine. Please schedule your child's doctor appointments and turn in the updated immunization forms to the nurse.
These are required before the first day of school.
Sixth Grade News
PTO News 🐯
Teacher Appreciation Week is Happening Now!
This week is Teacher Appreciation Week, and we are so grateful for our wonderful staff members who work so hard every day to educate our children — especially in this pandemic year. We know all the staff are going above and beyond. We appreciate you!
Families, if you have not yet thanked a staff member, we encourage you to do so with a short note or email. These words of encouragement mean a lot!
Finally, THANK YOU to everyone who donated to the PTO's campaign to show our gratitude for the CLA staff. Thanks to your generosity, we were able to give all the staff a small gift on Monday, breakfast smoothies this morning, and we will set up a snack bar on Friday for everyone in the staff room.
PTO Executive Board and Committee Volunteer Opportunities
We NEED your help! We are actively recruiting for executive board positions and committee members for the 2021-22 school year. We are looking for a vice president, secretary/communications coordinator, treasurer shadow, fundraising chair, hospitality chair, volunteer coordinator, co-coordinator of classroom parties, and fundraising committee members.
Being involved with the PTO is a wonderful way to meet other parents as well as get to know the teachers and staff at Clive. To learn more about these roles or to express your interest, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Next PTO Meeting: 7 p.m. Tuesday, May 18 (Zoom)
If you work at CLA or have a student attending CLA, you are a member of the PTO! There is no membership or dues. Everyone is invited to our meetings!
Join Zoom Meeting: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/82802585268
Meeting ID: 828 0258 5268 Dial in #: 301-715-8592
What You Can Do To Help
- Download the free Box Tops for Education app and start scanning! Each Box Top scanned in is worth 10 cents ... these add up fast!
- Choose Clive Learning Academy as your Amazon Smile charity of choice. Visit smile.amazon.com for details.
- Attend a PTO meeting! Meetings are a great way to stay informed, meet other Clive families, and to get involved.