T-TESS Tidbits from Turner
Elgin Elementary School
Pre-Conferences & Formal Observations
Effective Lesson Planning
Good lesson planning is essential and here are a few reasons why you and your students will benefit from thoughtful lesson planning.
- It provides a framework for instruction, and it guides implementation of standards-based education.
- Helps teacher organize content, materials, time, instructional strategies, and assistance in the classroom.
- It establishes a road map for instructors of what has been taught and what needs to be taught.
- It allows you to focus on one objective at a time and communicate to learners what they will learn in each lesson.
- All in all, will make you feel more confident with the delivery of the content.
When I'm observing your classroom, I should be able to follow along with what you are teaching by using your detailed lesson plan as a guide. Be sure to provide me with a plan that truly communicates to me what learners will learn and how their goals will be assessed. You can upload the plan to Google and share with me that way, you can email it to me via , or you can embed it within your pre - conference planning form.
Food For Thought: When you fail to plan...you plan to fail.
Pre-Conference Planning Form
Food for Thought: If you provide intricate details, our pre-conference meeting should last no more than 7 - 10 minutes. I've included a sample of a very detailed pre -conference plan. Thanks for sharing, Ms. Core!
T-TESS Self - Reflection
1. Click on the link
2. Once the document is open, click on "File"
3. Next, scroll down and hit "Make A Copy"
4. Rename the document, "Your Name...T-TESS Self Reflection"
5. Delete the original copy.
6. Place your copy in your personal T-TESS folder.
6. Now, you can type your information into this document
DO NOT TYPE INTO THIS DOCUMENT WITHOUT FOLLOWING THESE STEPS FIRST
Food for Thought: "Follow effective action with quiet reflection, from the quiet reflection will come even more effective action"