Ross Round Up
Engage. Empower. Educate. Every Day.
December 1, 2023
Hi Ross Families.
We started December with a beautiful snow-covered day! Watch the Facebook page for pictures of students enjoying the snow during recess.
Based on feedback from our Parent Advisory Committee members, we will be shifting this newsletter to twice a month instead of weekly to unclog some of your inboxes. We'll still send text updates for upcoming events and you can always follow us on social media (buttons below) and the Ross website.
In December, our school-wide value is Innovation. Students will participate in Innovation challenges throughout the month, including our CAST Hot Cocoa Challenge, which is where students will show Innovation to earn tickets for free hot cocoa out at lunch recess on Dec. 15, 18, and 20. We love the creativity of our students in learning, and we want all students to feel they can make a difference at Ross and in the world. That's what Innovation is all about--trying new ways to learn, seeing a problem and working to fix it, and being flexible throughout the day. As an AVID Nationwide Showcase school, we want to see students Advance (get ahead) via (through) Individual Determination (their own hard work). We try to live that every day and encourage students to as well.
Let us know how we're doing anytime by reaching out to teachers, to Mrs. Tripp, or to the office. We love partnering with you in making Ross the best it can be.
- Thursday, Dec. 7--Lego Lunch Club
- Friday, Dec. 8--Popcorn Friday with popcorn donated by Regal Cinemas
- Friday, Dec. 8--Student-run School Store at recess
- Thursday, Dec. 14--Art Lunch Club with special Christmas craft and Robot Lunch Club
- Thursday, Dec. 14--Domino's Pizza Dough Night--order Domino's and Ross and Indian Creek get to keep 5% of all money made
- Thursday, Dec. 14, 3:45-4:45 pm--PTA Meeting at Indian Creek Elementary
- Thursday, Dec. 14, 5:00-5:30 pm--Ross Parent Advisory Committee at the Ross Library
- Friday, Dec. 15--Friendship Bracelet Lunch Club and School Store Club
- Tuesday, Dec. 19, 9:30-10:00 am--School-wide Christmas Carol Sing-along in the Ross Gym--feel free to join us
- Tuesday, Dec. 19--Class Christmas parties--contact your teacher for details
- Wednesday, Dec. 20-Wednesday, Jan. 3--Christmas Break! Teacher in-service day on Jan. 3.
- Thursday, Jan. 4--Welcome back, students!
After School Pick Up Notes
Our goal for pick up is to get kids safely off campus and to families at the end of the day. Thanks for helping us keep kids safe!
Here's the timeline for end of day:
- 3:30 pm: The pick up bell rings for students being picked up in the car line. We release those students 5 minutes earlier than the walkers or pick ups on the road for safety reasons--we want to have most of the cars through the line before walkers are trying to navigate cars as they walk near the road.
- 3:35 pm: The walker and bus line bell rings for those who are walking to their cars not in the pick up line and those who are riding the bus.
Please call the office to let us know if your student is going home a different way than usual by 2:00 pm. We will deliver a note to them before the end of the day to let them and the teacher know.
Who are we at Ross?
Each day at Ross we will:
Engage. Empower. Educate.
Our dream is to:
Ignite a passion for lifelong learning and personal growth so students will be successful in college, career, and life.
Our school values are:
We treat others with dignity and respect. We are ethical and humble in our actions. We are COMPASSIONATE.
We hold tight to our convictions. Decisions are made to make the lives of others better. We are LEADERS.
We are stronger and better when we work together. We are a part of a beautiful and diverse COMMUNITY.
We are bold, we take risks, we are flexible and willing to step out of our comfort zone. We are INNOVATIVE.