Local News Update
2016 Make A Difference Days
Teddy Bear Day
Field Trip Information
A Busy Month for River Oak Christian Academy
- Monday, October 17 - JC Pizza Playoffs at Jefferson City Jaycee Fairgrounds 5:30-7:30
- Wednesday, October 19 - The end of the first quarter (already)
- Thursday and Friday - Mrs. Forsythe will be out half of Thursday and all day Friday. I am having another Carpul Tunnel surgery.
- Friday, October 21- First Quarter Awards 2:15 in the Assembly Room.
- Monday - Friday, October 24-28 - BOOK FAIR WEEK
- Thursday, October 27 - Parent/Teacher Conferences - 4:00-8:00 PM
- Friday, October 28 - NO SCHOOL
- Friday, October 28 - Parent/Teacher Conferences - 8:00 AM - Noon
- Monday, October 31 - Early Release 12:30 --**NO AFTERCARE
We had a great time learning about the Ten Commandments! They learned the song and movements and had a wonderful time practicing and performing at chapel.
Next week we will study Joshua and Caleb and their faithfulness in the wilderness and the deliverance of Jericho into the hands of the Israelites.
Our verse is Mark 12:30, "And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind and with all your strength."
We will continue to review addition and subtraction each day.
Our theme for this unit is God's Creatures. We have learned about penguins and now we are learning about different types of bears. That is why we are having Teddy Bear Day.
Our first dictation was successful. I was very pleased with all the effort. There will be another sentence next week.
Our new words are:
dust, just, must, ax, tax, wax, cab, crab, grab, to