Parent/ Guardian Informational Newsletter: September
A Message from Dr. Debity
Dear TPES Students and Families,
I am very humbled and honored to have joined this wonderful school community as your principal. Being a former graduate of TPHS, as well as being a parent of students attending Tellico schools, I know our school community well and care deeply about our students, families, and staff. I look forward to partnering with you to ensure we continue providing the best learning environment for all of our students. Together, we will ensure that we maintain our tradition of excellence and community that makes TPES such a special place to be.
Because the relationships between families and the school are vital to the success of our students, I encourage you to become involved in every way possible. Please do not hesitate to contact us should you ever have any questions or concerns. Also, be sure to check out our school's website, ClassDojo, and our Facebook page for important information and announcements and do not hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or concerns. I look forward to the collaboration and support we will be able to give each other!
Dr. Sheryl Debity, Principal
Skyward Family Access
- Visit the above link if you need to establish a new account or are locked out and need the account reset.
- Use the same account from last year if you already have one.
- There are student accounts and parent accounts. Please keep those separate and not share within the family. This is causing parents and students to accidentally lock each other out.
- Students must use their school email.
- Sign-ups for new accounts are posted on our website, and we will also share on Facebook and Class Dojo.
- Please allow 2-3 business days for processing. Remember to check your inbox, spam, or clutter folders for a response from Skyward or a faculty member.
With a month of school already behind us, we want to keep working toward everyone having a great year at TPES. Research has shown that students who miss even a few days of school each month are at far greater risk of academic failure and dropout than students who attend regularly.
We have set a goal that every student in our school attends regularly (has nine or fewer absences in a year). Please send your child to school every day unless he/she has a contagious illness or is running a fever.
What do I need to do if my child is not feeling well:
1) If your child saw a doctor for illness, please provide a doctor's note when student returns.
2) If your child was ill but did not see a doctor, you are allotted 5 parent notes you can submit. Please try to get these submitted within 3 days of your child’s absence.
*Students with chronic absences (students who miss 10% or more days school is in session) will receive attendance letters and communication from the Assistant Principal, Mrs. Duncan. Possible recommendation to truancy court can take place for chronic absences, especially those that are not verified.
Grandparents'/ Special Friends' Luncheon - September 12-16
TPES PTO Sponsors Popcorn Friday
Our first PTO meeting will be held Thursday, September 15th, at 5:30 p.m. in the gym.