Mustakima Gazi- Pharmacy Assistant@ Heritage Hills Pharmacy
I chose this activity because as a pharmacy assistant, it is one of the tasks I do the most. I have to scan 2-3 time a day whenever I see the prescriptions piling up. Also it is one of tasks I enjoy doing the most.
Details of Activity
- Get the basket with the not scanned prescriptions.
- Unfold the large prescriptions and sort out the prescriptions according to their sizes.
- For the single prescriptions:
- put the prescriptions on the scanner according to their sizes, upside down and facing the back of the prescription.
- click " workbench" on the screen
- click "completed" then click the bar code on the bottom left corner, then click "batch scan" to start scanning.
- After all the prescriptions are scanned, the list of the scanned items will show up on the screen.
- If any of them shows " needs review"in red, open it and type in the prescription number in the bar on top of the scanned document.
- After typing in all the numbers , click " complete".
- take the scanned prescription and highlight the numbers on left top corner with a yellow highlighter.
- repeat step 5-12 until all the prescription are scanned.
- For the papers with multiple prescriptions:
- click "patient", then click "search" and type in the patient's first and last name, and click "search".
- choose the patient's name from the list and click "Done".
- Go to patient's information and chose all the prescription numbers that matches the number on the document.
- Go to " RX" and click " single scan" from the "attachments" , this will allow you to scan single documents and attach it to the patient's information.
- place the document on the scanner, and click " ok " on the computer.
- after it's done, save them and repeat step 15-22 until all the (document) are scanned.
- highlight all the scanned document and it is ready for filing.