Super Star News Update
"It is the power of connection with others that helps us thrive in every sense of the word." --Dr. Henry Cloud
Special Thanks to our amazing Para, Specials, and Cafeteria Support Teams, Melina, Letitia, Yolanda, Mary, Lisa, Elizabeth, Jon, Jennifer, Kelley, Ruby, and Sarah for making Grandparents' Lunch a success. We celebrated a larger turn-out than expected, and several teachers and staff recognized needs and quickly stepped in to provide additional support in the hallways and in other ways. Dr. Lovette was on campus and recognized the strong teamwork, great turn-out, and safe systems. Thank you for making our campus SHINE for our community and engage families at school.
Items to Note
- WELCOME! to our newest Super Star Staff member, Mrs. Janeth Espinosa Otero! Janeth has joined our PreK team and will be working alongside Mrs. de Jesus.
- Guided Reading and Intervention: Looking to learn more about guided reading and small group reading interventions? There is a district training for LLI, to become a Teacher of Teachers for each campus. We need to send folks to learn more about the resource, who will be able to come back and help others with similar goals to understand LLI as well as its approaches. If you are interested, please let me know by Friday, Sept 16!
- STAAR Released: TEA has released 2016 questions and our campus item analysis, to compare and analyze our student performance on individual questions as well as looking for trends. Tested grade levels: Our specialists will be looking at the data to provide information to inform our instructional planning.
- Leveling: Kuddos to Mrs. Garcia for her patient and strong beginning with 31 students in Kinder these first weeks of school! We will soon create a Kinder-PK bridge, courageously led by Mrs. de Jesus and Mrs. Espinoza.
- Volunteers: When parents tell you they want to volunteer, please ask them to complete a Volunteer Survey in the front office before they complete the Background Check. Thank you!
- GATE: As a friendly reminder, all teachers need to have a detailed plan in place (communicated to Rebekah) or have completed your GATE refresher courses or certification and documented in Eduphoria by October 31. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to talk to Jennifer or Rebekah! We're in this together, and are here to support.
- Staff Meeting 9/19: Campus Needs Assessment and Improvement Plan for 2016-2017 (Please register, All)
- Staff Meeting 9/26: No staff meeting!
- CPOC Meeting: 9/19. If you have questions or concerns, please communicate to your grade level CPOC rep, and/or note them in the CPOC file on OneDrive.
- Thank you, Mr. Woodall, for leading us proudly in announcements this week. Next week, we look forward to Announcements provided by Mrs. Viera's homeroom.
School Board Meeting: Sycamore Distinctions Awarded
Thursday, Sep. 29th, 6pm
501 Peach Street