Modern Day Tragic Hero
Qualities of Tragic Heroes
3. Flaw Leads To Ultimate Downfall
4. Misfortune Not Completely Deserved
5. Self Discovery
6. Audience Not Left In A State Of Depression
Michael Jackson as a Modern Day Tragic Hero
2. Flawed: He continuously altered his appearance with plastic surgeries, excessive spending, substance abuse, and a disturbed pattern of eating and a dangerous habit of surrounding himself with pre-pubescent boys.
3. Downfall: He was acquitted of some of the charges he was brought up on. It's rumored that one illegal suit was settled out of court for millions of dollars . Whatever behaviors he actually engaged in, all of his compulsions can be seen as the result of early and on-going childhood trauma.
4. Misfortune Not Completely Deserved: Michael Jackson was a victim of early childhood trauma by his father. Some say there was unconscious self-hatred being reflected on his choices, a phenomenon known as "rejection of the self" isn't uncommon in victims of childhood trauma.