East 8th Grade Orchestra
Orchestra Updates & Important Information
East Orchestras Website!
I have created a website for the East Orchestras! It contains helpful information for students and parents, orchestra updates, and our EMS Performing Arts calendar. Once we get rolling with assignments in Google Classroom students can use the assignments portion to gain access to our Google Classroom.
November 18th Concert, 7:00 PM @ EMS Gym
- Students must report at 6:15 PM
- Students must bring their home instrument (cellos & bass)
- Concert Uniform: Blue EMS Orchestra Polo, Black Pants, Black Shoes (no tennis shoes/sneakers), Black Socks
- If your child does not have the Blue Orchestra Polo please let me know as soon as possible.
- Hat Day: bring a donation for Hat Day tomorrow, Friday 11/13! Students who turn in a donation during Titan Time get to wear a hat at school all day! The donations can be any amount more than $1 and all money collected is going to the Goodfellows.
- Canned Food Drive: there is a contest to raise food item donation for the Goodfellows. Please remember to bring a donation to Titan Time :) Friday 11/13 (tomorrow) is the deadline. If everyone brings a couple of items we can have a good chance of winning the prize, a doughnut and cider party!
Chicago Trip - Registration & First Payment Deadline 11/16/15
Information went home a few weeks ago about the 8th grade Band/Orchestra/Choir/Theater Chicago Trip that is taking place May 4-6. A copy of the information is attached below. The registration/first payment deadline is 11/16/15. Registration can be done online or mailed in via the paper registration form also attached on the East Orchestras website. If you have any questions please contact Mrs. Mihalko.
Day For Strings 1/9/15
Information will be going home to students tomorrow about Day for Strings. Day for Strings is a wonderful event for string students from across Farmington Public Schools to come together for a day of music making. It is also a great opportunity for students to work with a guest conductor and the guest clinicians who are members of the Detroit Symphony Orchestra. All East Orchestra students are expected to participate in this event. The registration form must be turned in with a check or cash (exact amount only) payment to Mrs. Mihalko by Friday November 20th. A copy of the registration form can be found on the East Orchestras website.
Mrs. Caitlin Mihalko
If you ever have any questions or concerns please contact Mrs. Mihalko. Thank you for your time and your support of your child's musical education!