Friday Wrap Up
Teacher Observation "GEMS" due Today!
Please email your teacher, “GEM” slide to your HLT by COB Today, 12/4/2015. A reminder email was sent on 12/3/2015 with the "GEM" slide if you are in need of a copy.
HOLIDAY Break - Potential Student Catch-up Time!
- Email/Kmail blast to your HM and content students
- Weekly NOHS announcement
- Add this reminder to your Content Calendar
- Offer an incentive to students who are completely caught up in their course upon return from the break. (Extra Credit is a great incentive!)
Please share your ideas with your HLT!
The SharePoint Migration has been scheduled for tonight. After COB (4pm) today, please do not log into SharePoint until you are given the green light. We are hoping that it is fully up and running on Monday. We will give you the green light to login once we have been notified. If there is anything you need off of SharePoint, please download it today.
BackUp Computer files and Gradebook
Rule of Thumb:
Quarter 2 Due Dates & Deadlines
- Please ensure all students have completed the Back to School Packet and iReady assessments. These are now past due.
- BTSP invites are sent to the LG e-mail address bridging over from Total View to School Pathways, so if an outdated e-mail is listed, please be sure to follow the protocol to update it in Total View first and you or the family can submit a BTSP Support Request Ticket to get the e-mail invite updated.
- Any families who are requesting for help should be encouraged to submit a BTSP Support Request Ticket to get further assistance from one of the BTSP Support Team members.
Quarter 2 ILPs
ILP Instructions can be found in Sharepoint.
BreadCrumbs: SharePoint California Managed Schools > Teams > IS-CALA > Insight Manual > Individualized Learning Plans
- December's DDI conferences will take place via email, so please keep an eye on your email and be sure to respond promptly.
Module 5 Training
- New teachers please download : SY 15-16 New Teacher Training- Module 5
- Returning teachers please download: SY 15-16 Returning Teacher Training - Module 5
- Upon completion, please update the HAT:
- Please Scan and email your completed guide to your HLT by COB on 12/18/2015
On the next page, you will see the following 4 options:
Please make sure all parties sign the addendum when choosing:
Box 1 : Course additions
Box 4 : Grade Level Change
Only Teacher Signatures are needed when choosing
Box 2: this is when there is a change in the HRT
GE teachers do not use the 3rd box and does not apply to addendums.
- Please ensure you are correctly creating the ISMA addendums.
Friday Attendance Incentives!
Due to our Friday Attendance reports, we are encouraging all teachers to establish a Friday Attendance Incentive for their students. We would love to hear your thoughts and ideas in regard to increasing attendance on Friday.
Some ideas include the following:
- Extra Credit Friday
- Quiz Friday
- Recognize Students (shout outs in CC sessions) with most improved attendance or attendance goals met.
- Students with at least 80% attendance by the end of the month will receive a small gift.
Ideas from the Team:Joe G. -
Friday Freebie on Home page News. Students Kmail me back the answer to a simple Math question for 5 Bonus Points.
I do an extra credit discussion post on Friday’s for my Digital Arts class.
So far I have only asked silly questions like “what’s your favorite Thanksgiving food?”
Student Request for Extra Support- Intervention Link
- Please make sure you are sharing this link with your students.
Due Dates and Reminders
Dec. 2nd-18th: Q2 ILP Update Window
Dec. 18th: Teacher Training Module 5 Due to HLT (Update HAT)
Dec. 18th: Quarter 2 - C1 - New Students - Initial ILP Due
Dec. 18th: Email Employee Attendance Card
Dec 21st-Jan 1st: Winter Break
Jan. 4th: Quarter 2 - C2 - New Students - Initial ILP Due
Jan. 12th: LP-4 Ends; (12/2/2015-1/12/2016)
Jan. 13th: LP-5 Begins (1/13/2016-2/18/2016)
Jan. 18th: Martin Luther King Day (Holiday)
Jan. 29th: Quarter 2 Gradebooks Due
Jan. 29th: Email Employee Attendance Card