Summit High School
Hello SkyHawk Families!
Happy 1st day of Term 2! Another term means new opportunities. I am confident that you will acquire new skills, continue to challenge yourselves and will come out stronger and more resilient than ever.
Let’s take a look at what’s happening this week at Summit:
- In honor of Red Ribbon Week, we will be having Spirit Week:
Tuesday: Born To Be Drug Free (Post a baby picture on Instagram)
Wednesday: iTune Out Drugs (Post your favorite song/artist)
Thursday: Use Your Head and Say No To Drugs (Crazy hat day)
Friday: Paw-lloween: Post a picture of your pet in costume
- In efforts to maximize Wednesday afternoons to further support students, adjustments have been made to our current schedule. Starting Wednesday October 28, students will only meet with 3rd period teachers for an attendance and wellness check-in. Here is the new schedule. The previous check-in minutes are now added to extend Student Support Time. Period 3 Check-in is now from 12:40 PM to 12:55 PM and then Student Support Time for all periods from 1:05 PM to 3:10 PM. Students, please be sure to use this support time!
- We have Grab and Go meals each Wednesday between 9:00 AM to 11:00 AM and between 2:00 PM to 5:00 PM. Please come by and pick for some delicious food!
- Thursday we have a School Site Council meeting at 3:20 PM. If you would like to attend, please contact GP at ext.15135 or PierSA@fusd.net.
- This Friday, 10/30, our Summit Staff is excited to host a Trunk or Treat Drive Thru Event in our North Parking Lot. We invite you to bring your family and drive thru our event as we decorate our trunks and pass out candy to our SkyHawk family. Here's all the details. We are asking that everyone stays inside their vehicles and wearing masks. We can't wait to see you!
- SENIORS: Our Counseling Department has many events scheduled to help you in your Road to College Applications! Please check out this VERY important resource that let's you know everything that is happening so you are prepared in your road to college applications! We will also be hosting a very special College Application Day on November 20th.
- SENIORS: Applying to Chaffey? We are hosting upcoming workshops that will ensure you get priority registration for classes and support. You need to pre-register for a Workshop taking place either Nov 4th or 5th. They will walk through the application process and all the other steps involved. Here's all the details.
- Freshmen Parents: Is your freshmen struggling academically? Link Crew leaders are providing FREE online one-on-one tutoring for any freshmen. Sign-Up today and take advantage of this awesome resource!
- Happy Halloween on Saturday, October 31st. Halloween will look different this year, but it can still be safe and enjoyable. We hope that you all have a safe and happy Halloween!
- Daylight saving time ends in the early morning hours after Halloween, giving us an extra hour that weekend. The clocks roll back one hour at 2 AM, November 1, 2020.
We wish you a great week!
Ms. Renee Castanon, Principal
909.357.5950 ext. 15107
Traducción en español
Haga clic en la caja negra de arriba donde dice “Tranlate Newsletter” y escoja español como su idioma.
2020-2021 School Calendar - updated
Important Links for Quick Reference:
Summit High Administrators
12th Grade Assistant Principal
11th Grade Assistant Principal
10th Grade & Athletic Director
Your Summit SkyHawk Counselors!
Last names: HE - ML
Last names: MO - ROD
Last names: ROJ - Z