Find it FAST in Drive!
How to Search for What You Need
Put the Drive icon in your Bookmarks Bar.
To easily access Google Drive, add it as a bookmark right in the Chrome browser.
- Open Drive.
- Find the icon to the left of the URL in the Omnibox.
- Click and drag the icon (it is probably a lock) down to the Bookmarks bar.
- Right click on the icon in the Bookmarks bar and select EDIT.
- Delete the name so that only the icon shows in your Bookmarks bar.
Search Drive fast!
Use the power of Google (it IS the biggest search engine) to find what you need!
If you can remember one word that is unique in the file that you are looking for, type it in to the "Search Drive" box at the top of Drive and hit Return/Enter.
For more advanced search options, click on the tiny triangle on the right side of the Search Drive box.
Refine your search...
- Images and Photos
- Lists all options for the applications you have in Drive
- Owned by anyone
- Owned by you
- NOT owned by you