Still Trying to Improve our Staff News
To navigate to the information you are seeking, take a look at the TABLE OF CONTENTS. This will help you get to what you are looking for by showing you which section each piece of information is placed.
Additionally, I have placed a feedback form at the end of the "Information for Staff" section. This is where you can rate this change and suggest additional modifications.
Table of Contents
- Hourly Schedule
Information for Staff
- Getting to Know Us
- Staff Notes 9/27/2020 Feedback
Information for Parents
- Remember Your Family Health Pledge
- No school on October 12th
- Virtual Parent-Teacher Conferences
- After School Credit Recovery
- Picture Day Information
- Oakland Tech Center Information
- Adding OHS Digital Tools to Your Phone
Information for Students
- Dress Code (cover your bellies)
- Blue and Gold Day
- Jersey Day Results
- Yearbooks are Here!
- Courtyard Behavior
- HOSA Meeting
- GSA Meeting
- Powder Puff Information
- Athlete of the Week
- Team Highlights
Fall Testing News (Soph & Juniors on October 14th)
- S'more with Testing Times/Dates
Monday, September 28th : Quick building health and safety update via Zoom from 7:35 – 7:40am
- Zoom link for Monday AM. (Meeting ID: 936 3957 9367); Notes and summary will be provided afterward.
- Prize to the staff member with the most creative photo
Wednesday, September 30th : iObservation Goals & Professional Growth Plan; (SLO’s to be developed for 2nd semester only)
- You will receive teacher specific information on Sept. 29th
- Full staff mtg. to review information in PAC from 7:30—8:00am; department break out from 8:00-9:00
Wednesday, October: 7th: iObservation Goals & Professional Growth Plan
- Department and PLC goal collaboration 7:30-9:00am in locations of choice
Thursday, October 8th: Virtual P/T Conferences (4-7pm); details and logistics coming soon
Tuesday, October 13th: Virtual P/T Conferences (5-8pm); details and logistics coming soon
Wednesday, October: 14th: PSAT testing and PD; specific info to be shared with those test administering
Wednesday, October 21st: SABERS—Student Social, Academic, Emotional and Behavior Risk Screeners
- More information coming on purpose and goal of this screening
Wednesday, October 28th: Diversity & Equity Training with Christy Osborne/Dr. Jay Marks
October TBD date: Academic Awards ceremony
Interested in Being Featured (or just want to get it out of the way because you know KGM is annoying enough to sucker you in anyhow)?
There are only four things that she will want to know and one thing she will need from you:
- Tell us about your family and where you are from
- What were your childhood interests?
- Outside of your family, who is the most influential person in your life?
- Share "Two Truths and a Lie"
- Provide a photo (preferably one including your important people)
Family Health Pledge
As we continue to successfully embark on face-to-face learning experiences. Please remember to adhere to the family health pledge elements that each family committed to when opting for face-to-face learning.
Family Health Pledge:
Take your child's temperature each day and monitor for symptoms.
Help keep our building safe by having your child stay home with any of the 5 symptoms:
- sore throat/cough
- loss of taste/smell
Students, play your part by maintaining 6ft distance.
OAKLAND TECH Center Information
Enroll Track applications are scheduled to go LIVE on October 5, 2020 at www.OSTConline.com
- Information Technology (IT) / Engineering Information Night - October 29 (virtual) starting at 6:00 p.m.
- Cosmetology Information Night - November 19 (virtual) starting at 6:00 p.m.
- Career Night (Open House) - December 3 (tentative) from 4:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
The "priority" application date will be December 11 (with obvious flexibility until the program has reached capacity).
If parents or students have questions, contact Randy Maddock at Randy.Maddock@oakland.k12.mi.us
Clubs & Extracurricular Activities
Powder Puff CHANGED to OCTOBER 18TH
Powder Puff has CHANGED!!! Game is now October 18th.
- Freshman vs sophomores at 5PM.
- Juniors vs Seniors 30 minutes after.
Practice Schedule - all on the practice football fields/baseball diamonds
- Wednesday Sept 30 6:30 - 8pm
- Wednesday Oct 7 6:30 - 8pm
- Wednesday Oct 14 6:30 - 8pm
Sign up (if you have NOT already) https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeVrTzhHZLBPc0waY7-o9tt_bT4jJGXMLh8BrlbuQMeTYKr1A/viewform?usp=sf_link
Questions see Ms. Goetz Room 325
$20 to play or coach
PURCHASING PARKING PASSES
Parking pass forms are available to pick up outside the main office, counseling office and athletic office. Additional parking pass forms will be available for Juniors and Seniors during Mentor class during the first two weeks of school. Students will have the first three weeks to purchase parking passes before parking is enforced.
- The cost for the parking pass will remain $30.00 in the 2020-21 school year. The cost will raise to $35, beginning September 21st.
- We can accept cash or check written out to Oxford High School.
- Completed forms and payment should be placed in a sealed envelope. Envelopes can be placed in secure drop boxes located outside the main office, counseling office and athletic office.
- Students will have their parking pass dropped off to one of their classes within 1-2 school days.
Student Athlete of the Week: Johnny Valvo
"John has been an outstanding leader for the Oxford football team this summer. He has embodied the characteristics of our program: relentless effort, preparation and 1/11th. Leaders are born in many different ways, but the best leaders emerge when they lead by example. Tough times call for tough people." - Head Coach Zach Line
Congratulations John Valvo on earning a much deserved Athlete of the Week!