Tiger Tracks Inside Edition
Travis High School Faculty Newsletter - August 19, 2019
THIS WEEK AT A GLANCE:
Monday, August 19
Reminder! Advisory lessons are loaded in Schoology! Let us know if you need help!
All teachers should have special populations binders completed this week!
Tuesday, August 20
Volleyball (home): 4:30/5:30/6:30
Wednesday, August 21
College Wear Wednesday
Thursday, August 22
Theme day attire: Tie-up Taylor--wear your tie dye!!!!
Football scrimmage: at Alief Taylor 6:30
Good luck Volleyball Team at Tournament!
Friday, August 23
Fridays we wear RED!!!!
Tennis: at Brazoswood (8:00 am)
Saturday, August 24
Special Populations Binders
New items to complete:
Overdue "To Do" items
- PLC Survey
- 9 weeks calendars (email to TTESS Appraiser and Dena Garcia)
- Staffulty information survey
- Sub Folders turned in to Department Head
- Advisory Schoology sign up--make sure to sign up for the appropriate grade level and review first day advisory information/activities
- Classroom survey
- Sign up for Mandatory Duty
- Update Teacher Website (Dena Garcia is webmaster if you need assistance) Be sure you post your tutorial times!
- Update Parent Communication Folder in Schoology
- Pick up Special Pops binder in A116 if you did not already get one - access necessary documentation and submit electronic signatures
- Calendar all meeting dates for the year!
- AVID Door Signs: Attachment below
- Pick up Staff Parking Tag if you have not already
Beginning of the Year Resources
Refer to the email from Ms. Spina for specific instructions on 8.14.2019 if you are having trouble navigating through the site.
This form is to checkout textbooks (individual and class sets) and teachers editions for the 2019-2020 school year. Please make sure you include all courses and preps that you teach. You may contact Salina Chapa with any textbook questions.
Our campus IT is Joshua Martin and his office is in the library! Please remember to put in a Support Portal ticker (Formerly CRM ticket) instead of emailing him when you have a request. Thank you!
ALL THINGS ADVISORY
9th grade Access Code: 25JG-6TGZ-63PVB
10th grade Access Code: VH3S-K9X8-5BGJV
11th grade Access Code: JJRJ-J73S-VV69B
12th grade Access Code: 2NQ2-Q2R3-DQTR9
Weekly Advisory Lesson Plans are located in the 1st 9 weeks folder of your appropriate Schoology Course under the appropriate dated week. You MUST log in and JOIN the correct Schoology course to access the videos and materials for this week's lessons.
Schoology Access Code for all THS Professional Development - 35S22-5WVJF - We have uploaded back to school PD resources here too!
Grading Policy and Reporting Reminders! - PLEASE REVIEW!
- Do NOT put a 0 in on any assignment that was not completed due to student absence - for any reason - until the student has had sufficient time and opportunity to complete the assignment and failed to do so.
- Assignments in grade book must have specific name - i.e. Ch 12 vocab assignment vs Homework 2
- Grades must be entered within 5 days of assignment due date.
- Late Work is accepted - 1 day late is up to 15 points off; 2 days late is up to 30 points off
- Parent contact is required any time a student is unsuccessful and any time a student is in danger of failing a course - please document all contact
How to Reset Your Network Password
Do you have news to share? Email THS Announcements! (THS.Announcements@fortbendisd.com)
Tiger Tracks Parent Newsletter
Department Head Meeting (FOCR)
No School - Labor Day Holiday
Fall Open House (all teachers): 6:30-8:30
Head coaches meeting (fieldhouse): 6:45
Houston Teachers family, friends, and guest can enjoy the game at a preferred rate of $15!