AmeriCorps GardenKitchen Internship
Who Is AmeriCorps:
AmeriCorps engages more than 75,000 Americans in intensive service each year at nonprofits, schools, public agencies, and community and faith-based groups across the country.
Since the program’s founding in 1994, more than 900,000 AmeriCorps members have contributed more than 1.2 billion hours in service across America while tackling pressing problems and mobilizing millions of volunteers for the organizations they serve.
AmeriCorps programs do more than move communities forward; they serve their members by creating jobs and providing pathways to opportunity for young people entering the workforce. AmeriCorps places thousands of young adults into intensive service positions where they learn valuable work skills, Earn Money For Education, and develop an appreciation for citizenship.
- The Garden Kitchen has an AmeriCorps position available.
- A large portion of the work will be conducting 24 hour dietary recall assessments.
- the position requires 300 hours to be completed by August 31st.
- A living stipend and awards towards college expenses will be provided (though not an actual employee).
- Visit the AmeriCorps website for more information: http://www.nationalservice.gov/programs/americorps