May 30th - June 3rd, 2022
We made it to the last week of school!
Dear SOM students, parents, and staff,
On behalf of our administrative team, we want to thank our teachers, our staff, our parents and community members for the support, appreciation, and education provided to our Buccaneer Scholars. It is time to honor and recognize our 8th graders for their achievements and help our 7th grade students end this academic school year strong and prepared from 8th grade.
Our seventh graders will begin finals tomorrow, May 31st. 8th grade students will be returning iPads, any textbooks that have not been returned, and will be getting final grades when they meet with their counselors. Tomorrow evening, at 5:00 pm, we will be celebrating those 8th grade students who are receiving an award.
Our 8th grade promotion practice will be held at San Ysidro High School on Wednesday, June 1st. Students will not be able to participate in promotion practice if they have not turned in a signed permission slip. 8th grade students will be released at 11:00 am on Wednesday. 8th graders will be able to return to school for the 8th grade dance at 1:30 pm. Please remember that the dance is only for the students.
Our 8th grade promotion ceremony will be held at SYHS, Thursday, June 2nd, at 11:30 am. Please remember that only 6 guests are allowed with each graduate.
We have a copy of all the letters that have been sent home below for your reference. We looks forward to all the amazing activities planned for our 8th and 7th graders and to having a beautiful promotion ceremony.
May this be an amazing week!
WORD OF THE MONTH FOR JUNE: ACHIEVEMENT
- May 30th: Memorial Day: No School
- May 31st: 8th Grade Check Out and Awards Ceremony
- May 31st - June 2nd: 7th grade finals
- June 1st: 8th Grade Promotion Practice @ SYHS
- June 1st: 8th Grade Dance @ 1:30 pm (auditorium)
- June 2nd: Promotion @ 11:30 (SYHS)
- June 3rd: Last Day of School and 7th grade awards
- June 6th - June 27th: Summer School
- July 14th: Incoming 7th grade orientation
- July 20th: First Day of School
- Word of the month: EXCELLENCE
- Minimum Day Schedule: Advisory, Periods 2 and 5
- Promotion Practice for 8th graders @ SYHS (8:45 am - 10:15 am) (8th graders released @ 11:00 am)
- 7th Grade Finals
- Registrations for incoming 7th graders (8:30 am - 3:00 pm)
- 8th Grade Dance @ 1:30 pm (auditorium)
- HYPE after school from 1:00 pm - 6:00 pm