Inexpensive FRESH Produce!
Produce on Wheels Without Waste-SATURDAY, March 5th
Saturday, March 5th, 8-11am
3950 South Country Club Road
The University of Arizona Department of Nutritional Sciences will be partnering with Borderlands Food Bank and the Diabetes Prevention and Education Center (DPEC) for this event.
ABOUT: Borderlands Food Bank works with produce companies in the U.S. and Mexico to distribute millions of pounds of produce each year which would otherwise go to waste. Distribution sites receive a variety of fruits and/or vegetables by the pallet and customers pay $10.00 for up to 60 lbs. of produce. http://www.borderlandfoodbank.org/POWWOW.html
How to participate:
- Show up at the Abram's Public Health Center between the hours of 8-11
- Pay $10.00 (Cash Only)
- Load up on delicious produce, take home, and enjoy.
- Early birds get the best pick! Consider arriving on the front end, although there should be plenty to go around.
- Bring a wagon, rolling cart or packaging of some sort (box or canvas bag) to carry produce. Boxes will also be available for you to use.
- Consider splitting the cost with a friend and sharing the produce- 60 lbs is a LOT of fruits and vegetables! (You don’t have to take it all but you are allowed to if you would like)
- Save the date- We will be holding a distribution at Abram's on the 1st Saturday of every month November 2015-May 2016