Henking School Newsletter
December 16, 2022
¡Traduzca este boletín! 이 뉴스 레터를 번역하세요! Энэ мэдээг орчуулаарай! Przetłumacz ten biuletyn! | Переведите этот информационный бюллетень!
- Watch this short video for instructions on how to translate it into your language.
- Mire este breve video para obtener instrucciones sobre cómo traducirlo a su idioma.
- 귀하의 언어로 번역하는 방법에 대한 지침은이 짧은 비디오를 시청하십시오.
- Үүнийг хэрхэн богино хугацаанд өөрийн хэл рүү хөрвүүлэх зааврыг энэ видеоноос үзээрэй.
- Obejrzyj ten krótki film, aby uzyskać instrukcje, jak przetłumaczyć go na swój język.
- Посмотрите это короткое видео, чтобы узнать, как перевести его на ваш язык.
A quick note to thank you for sharing your children with us each and every day, and for your partnership and collaboration. We are truly the lucky ones to work with each of you! We wish you and your families a wonderful, restful, and fun winter break. Hopefully this is a time to slow down a bit and enjoy the holiday season! We cannot wait for more fun and learning in 2023! See you soon!
Lost and Found
Winter Wear Reminder
Now that we are entering the cold winter months we want to remind you to please send your child to school with winter gear. For recess, if the “feels like/wind chill” temperature is below 10° (at 9° or lower) or too rainy and wet, children will remain indoors. We follow weather.com for our forecast each day.
Here are a few suggestions:
Please dress your child appropriately for wet and snowy weather. They will not be allowed to play in the snow or wet equipment without a coat, gloves, hat, and snow pants. Typically, students who are not dressed appropriately will play on the blacktop.
Please label your child’s winter gear.
Consider putting an extra pair of socks and pants in your child’s backpack in case they get wet at recess.
At 3:40pm, if the temperature is below 20° (at 19° or lower) we will dismiss walkers and car pick-ups from the West Gym. We do this because on inclement weather days the car line increases and we want to minimize the number of time students stand stationary outside. Thank you for your patience on these days.
SAVE THE DATE!!! January 27th - International Night!
We hope to see our classmates at this fantastic event!!
We are excited to invite you to the 2023 International Night on Friday, January 27th from 6:00p.m. to 8:00p.m. at Henking School. During this special evening, the hallways and classrooms at Henking are transformed into countries for our students and families to explore and celebrate cultural diversity in our schools.
WE NEED YOU! We need families and groups to volunteer by DECEMBER 16th to create the Cultural Classrooms for the fair! Please join us and showcase everything special about your heritage!
Cultural Classrooms: By volunteering, you agree to organize and set up a classroom so that attendees can enjoy crafts, games, and activities highlighting a specific country's culture. Feel free to team up with another family to join in on the fun. The PTA will be providing a small budget for each room. Please indicate your interest here:
Yearbook Cover Contest
WORK DISPLAYED in our next yearbook?
Enter our PTA Yearbook Cover Contest! The rules (below) are simple and easy to
follow. All K - 2 students may participate in the Henking yearbook cover design contest.
1. Write the STUDENT and TEACHER name on the BACK OF THE PAPER IN PENCIL IN THE LOWER CORNER.
2. Artwork must be done vertically, not horizontally.
3. All work should be submitted on a blank 8 ½ x 11-inch piece of copy paper. No paper
with lines. Only blank pieces of paper.
4. The design should include “Henking” and “2022-2023”.
5. Any medium can be used, but light colors may not show up as well.
6. Use the space on the paper effectively. Don’t waste space or leave a lot of white
7. Please use appropriate words and images (NO inappropriate symbols or language).
8. Please make sure all words are spelled correctly.
9. All work MUST be student produced.
*NOTE: Not following directions may cause you to be disqualified*
ARTWORK MUST BE SUBMITTED BY JANUARY 9th, 2023. The judging will take
place a few days later. Faculty from the school will be judging the artwork to ensure
The overall winner will have his/her artwork as the front cover of our 2022-2023 Henking
Yearbook. A few runner-up winners will have their artwork showcased on the back cover
of the yearbook. Winners will be announced in February.
Good luck to all students!
Glenview District 34
Glenview, IL 60025
Phone (847)998-5035 /Fax (847)998-9938
Absence Calls/Health Office (847)657-2694