Valley View News
Message from the Principal
Dear Viking families,
I am excited to share with you the registration schedule for our current 7th graders and for our current 8th graders for Glacier Peak High School. This is an exciting time as we begin to prepare our students for their next phase of their education and at VVMS we focus on "structuring for success" next fall. Please contact your child’s counselor if you have any questions or concerns with registration.
9th Grade Registration Information
Incoming Freshman and New to Glacier Peak High School Parent Information
Tuesday, February 28 from 6:30 - 8 p.m. in the Performing Arts Center (Auditorium)
Parents will learn about registration and graduation requirements.
Preview the Peak
Tuesday, March 7 from 6:30 - 8 p.m. in the Glacier Peak Commons (Cafeteria)
Incoming 9th graders and new to GP students can preview courses.
Valley View Counselor Presentations- First Visit
Tuesday, March 14 for all incoming 9th Grade students.
GP Counselors visit VVMS to present graduation and GP course information.
Valley View Counselor Presentations- Second Visit
Tuesday, March 21 for all incoming 9th Grade students.
GP Counselors visit VVMS to meet with each incoming 9th grade student and collect registration forms.
8th grade Registration Information:
March 3rd- Counselors distribute 8th grade registration information in science classrooms
March 3rd-March 12th- Online Registration window
March 13th-Registration forms due
With Viking Pride,
Important Upcoming Events/Dates:
Friday, February 17 and Monday, February 20-Mid Winter Break-No School
Tuesday, February 28-Parent Club Meeting 6pm in the library
Thursday, March 23-7th Grade Orientation
Digital Citizenship at Valley View
Scholastic Art Competition
A well-deserved congratulations to Brook Vandehey - Grade 8 for earning an Honorable Mention in the Scholastic Art Competition. Brooke's work will be on display at the Schack Art Center in the month of February. Her piece called After is a mixed media composition dedicated to her mother. Beautiful work Brooke!
Snohomish students learn to live in the 'skin they're in'
A program called "Color Me Important" brings art supplies made to look like realistic skin tones to the classroom. SNOHOMISH COUNTY, Wash. - Many children will tell you "fitting in" is one of the most daunting tasks they endure when walking into school on any given day.
Sock Drive-Competition Between Grades
Interested in serving as a substitute teacher and/or substitute paraeducator?
Our district is actively hiring certificated substitute teachers, emergency substitute teachers, and substitute paraeducators.
Please visit https://www.sno.wednet.edu/jobs and click on the first link under Employment Opportunities to learn more about these open positions. If you have any questions regarding becoming a substitute, please contact the district's Guest Teacher & Substitute Services Coordinator, Shana Hainzinger, at email@example.com.
Attendance Procedures and Reporting
- Call the attendance line 360-563-4227
- Enter a request in Family Access/Skyward
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- A written note signed by a parent/guardian or medical/dental provider
- Please provide your student's first and last name, the date of the absence and a reason for the absence. Please spell the name if needed.
- An absence will be considered excused when we receive notification from a parent or legal guardian in the attendance office within 48 hours of the absence.
click here for attendance policies and procedures.
WATCH D.O.G.S. are at Valley View!
If you have any questions or would like to learn more about the program please contact Skip Fuller at email@example.com or 206-226-3861. To schedule a day here at Valley View please call Denise Dow at 360-563-4227.
Valley View Parent Club
Next meeting will be Tuesday, February 28 at 6pm in the Valley View Library or online at February VVMS Parent Club Meeting.
Link Your Fred Meyer Card-It's an Easy Way to Donate Money
InvestEd is a fund that helps our students in financial need stay involved in school events and activities. You can help by shopping and using your rewards card. You will still earn your rewards points, fuel points, and rebates.
To Use the Fred Meyer Community Rewards Program:
Simply go to visit https://www.fredmeyer.com. Once logged into your Fred Meyer account scroll to the bottom and click on Fred Meyer Community Rewards. Click on "search for organization" to link your card to Valley View Valley View Middle School and then click Enroll. From the app click on the 3 bars on left, go to rewards, community, search for Valley View and enroll! New users will need to create an account which requires some basic information, a valid email address and a rewards card.
*Customers must have a registered Fred Meyer rewards card account to link to Valley View.
*If you do not yet have a Fred Meyer rewards card, they are available at the customer service desk at any Fred Meyer.
We earned $68.56 this quarter. That is with only 21 families signed up. Imagine what we could earn if half of our families enrolled, it's easy!!
Join Our Team!
We are looking for teachers, nurses, paraeducators, custodians, bus drivers, kitchen staff, pool team members, and other positions! Visit www.sno.wednet.edu/jobs or call 360-563-7233 today!
Current high-need school and district openings include:
- Substitute paraeducators - $20.47-$21.62/hour
- Paraeducators - $20.47-$24.74/hour
- Interpreters - $32.53-$36.23/hour
- Braillists - $28.37-$32.49/hour
- Substitute bus drivers - $25.47/hour
- Substitute teachers/Guest teachers – $185-$260/day ($24.66-$34.66/hour)
- Various maintenance and custodial positions including substitute - $24.18-$36.12/hour (depending on position)
Snohomish School District positions
- If you would like to be considered for employment in the Snohomish School District, please login to submit a new application through our Frontline application tool.
- Please feel free to contact us in Human Resource Services at 360-563-7233 with any questions.
- If you would like to be considered for employment at the Snohomish Aquatic Center, please click here.
- Please feel free to contact Chris Bensen, Snohomish Aquatic Center Supervisor, at 360-563-1986 or 360-568-8030, with any questions.
Chartwells K-12/Compass Group (district's food service provider) positions
- If you would like to be considered for employment with Chartwells K-12/Compass Group (district's food service provider), please click here.
- Please feel free to contact Marty Grasa, Chartwells K-12/Compass Group Manager, at 360-563-7357 with any questions.
Please Subscribe to Listserv to Receive Newsletters
Student Last Names L-Z
Student Last Names A-K
Main Office Secretary/Athletics
Last Names A-K
Last Names L-Z
Non Discrimination Notice
The Snohomish School District does not discriminate in any programs or activities on the basis of sex, race, creed, religion, color, national origin, age, veteran or military status, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, disability, or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. The following employees have been designated to handle questions and complaints of alleged discrimination: Civil Rights Coordinator, Title IX Coordinator and ADA – Darryl Pernat, 1601 Avenue D, Snohomish, WA 98290, 360-563-7285, firstname.lastname@example.org; Section 504 Coordinator and Harassment, Intimidation and Bullying – Shawn Stevenson, 1601 Avenue D, Snohomish, WA 98290, 360-563-7314, email@example.com.
Parents have the right to request information on the professional qualifications of their student’s classroom teachers.