Life Group UPDATE
October 25 & 26, 2014
New Groups: Basic Traning for Life Group Leaders - Nov. 5
All new hosts and leaders going on must attend the one-time Basic Training for Life Group Leaders/Hosts that is coming up Wednesday, November 5 at 6:30pm at our Lakewood Ranch campus in the Conference Room upstairs. The "make-up" time is the following Sunday at 9:30am in the same room.
At Basic, you will learn not only the Woodland DNA of groups, but also very simple steps to be able to maintain group health and growth, and "go long" as a leader in a way that makes it doable and enjoyable. RSVP to Holly McAndrew if you are a new leader/host with Transformed, or if it has been more than two years since you last led a Woodland Life Group (email@example.com)
RSVP by contacting Holly McAndrew at firstname.lastname@example.org
WHAT TO STUDY NEXT?
New Groups: Choose a "Gathering" Study
In the first 3 months one of the most important concerns is gathering people (probably more people too) and helping a group firmly bond or "gel" together relationally. People come once for information; they come back because of relationship.
Some studies are well-suited for the Gathering stage of a group.
- The topic is an important life area we all deal with, which makes discussion lively and encourages everyone to participate.
- The Scripture passage(s) are on target for the topic and there are great questions that go beyond just the meaning of the passage to personal application and sharing where we are in our own story (or struggles) in growing in that area. Until people begin to share parts of their story they are still all strangers and it stays superficial.
Recommendations for Gathering Studies:
- Andy Stanley DVD "Take it to the Limit" 6 weeks. Dealing with stress and getting margin in time, finances, relationships, etc. We have a copy in the Life Group office you can borrow. Questions are on the screen at the end.
- Andy Stanley -RightNow.org streaming "Twisting the Truth" Or "Guardrails." Both are 6 weeks. Free video streaming service Woodland subscribes to and you need to create an account for. It's like NetFlix but with over 3,500 small group studies! Just connect it from your laptop or smart phone or tablet to your TV using a cable. We also have a DVD set in the Life Group office you can borrow. Participants don't need their own book. One leader book with the questions is sufficient. Many of the discussion guides are available free online if you Google the study name along with "discussion guide" and "andy stanley".
- Come in during office hours M-F and browse the "gathering phase" studies on the shelf. You can check them out for your group. Contact Holly in the church office at 753-8588 x224 or email@example.com
Can you help Set Up at 4pm Oct. 31 in Parrish?
But what we need are some set up crew people who can be at Buffalo Creek Middle School in Parrish at 4:00pm or soon after on Friday, Oct. 31. We have just two hours to transform the entire parking lot and venue because we can't start until after school is out. If you can help please contact Aaron Sherrel at firstname.lastname@example.org
Do You Play Bass?
Rekindle the Fire -Women's Conference
Rekindle – Nov. 7& 8
Friday night Nov. 7 6:30- 9:30
Saturday Nov. 8 8:30 - 12:30
Through Oct 26 $49 for both days (Fri only $25, Sat only $30)
Oct 26 & after $55 for both days (Fri only $25, Sat only $30)
REGISTER ONLINE or Purchase at Church
WILDMEN…HOT DOGS AND CAMPFIRE!
Chili Dogs, Slaw Dogs, Sauerkraut Dogs, Plain Dogs…anyway you want them. Come hang out with your brothers around the campfire.
Does anyone know how to sing Kumbayah? Seriously.
WHEN: TUESDAY, November 4, 2014
WHERE: John Chambliss
16535 CR 675
Parrish, FL 34219
TIME: 6:30 p.m.
Call 360-2145 if you have questions or need directions.