Student Teacher Timeline
- Attend Student Teacher Orientation.
- Learn about resources from the Career Development Center.
- Get ready for student teaching!
- Immerse yourself in the student teaching experience. Ask questions, request feedback on performance, lesson plans, etc.
- Take initiative to learn what works best for your students.
- Begin working on your resume. Check out the resume section of the Career Development Center website: http://careers.appstate.edu/pagesmith/352, as well as the Resource Library in Career Gear.
BEFORE OCTOBER 1
- Refine your resume.
- Update the skills you have acquired.
- Update your experiences.
- Include student teaching!
- Include any teaching and teaching-related experience.
- Send your resume to Jessica Long (your Career Counselor!) for review. Send it as a Word document to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Receive feedback from Jessica and implement any necessary changes to make your resume awesome.
- Upload your resume to Career Gear! http://careergear.appstate.edu > current students > my documents > add new
BEFORE OCTOBER 20
- Research school systems you are most interested in speaking with at the Education Career Fair.
- Formulate questions YOU want to ask the representatives at the fair.
- Print copies of your awesome resume on resume paper. Be sure to print twice as many copies as you think you'll need.
- Polish your interviewing skills by practicing online with Interview Stream: https://appstate.interviewstream.com/default.aspx, or make an appointment to have a face-to-face mock interview with Jessica Long (your Career Counselor!).
- Prepare professional clothing that is clean, pressed and ready to go. Consult the Professional Attire Guidelines in the Resource Library in Career Gear if you have questions about what to wear.
EDUCATION CAREER FAIR
Blue Ridge Ballroom
Plemmons Student Union
STUDENT CHECK-IN: GRANDFATHER MOUNTAIN BALLROOM