Reduce Your Ecological Footprint
What is an Ecological Footprint?
Our ecological footprint depends on how much natural resources and carbon that we use.
- Flying, driving a car, & waste.
5 Ways To Reduce Your Footprint
- Alternatives to driving- When possible, walk, ride your bike, or carpool in order to avoid carbon emissions completely.
- Lighting- Turn off lights you’re not using and when you leave the room or use LED lights.
- Insulate and seal your home- Reduce drafts and air leaks with caulk, insulation, and weather stripping.
- Thermostat- Don’t set it too high or low. Install a programmable model to turn off the heat/air conditioning when you’re not home.
- Avoid traffic- Being stuck in traffic wastes gas and unnecessarily creates CO2. Try to find other ways to get to where you're going.