Eagle Friday News and Notes
October 5, 2018
- If we reach our Jog-a-Thon donation goal of $16,500 it has been decided that Mr. Foreman has to dress up as a CHICKEN in addition to a very fun, surprise school wide event!
- Don’t forget to send in your donation sheets or donate money via PayPal, the class turning in the most envelopes wins a fun day of their choice (i.e crazy har, pj, hat day)!!!!!!
- Contact Kristie Goehausen with any questions, email@example.com.
Eagle Outdoor Learning Experience!
A Message from our PTO
- Don’t forget to send in your Jog-A-Thon donation sheets or donate money via PayPal, the class turning in the most envelopes wins a fun day of their choice (i.e crazy har, pj, hat day)!!!!!! Mrs. Schmidt’s class is in the lead with a number or classes right behind her. If we hit our goal of $16,500 Mr. Foreman with dress as a chicken during a school wide assembly. You can also donate via Paypal at eag.zcs.k12.in.us
- Book Fair!!! Hours are 7-9am and 2:30-4 pm next Monday and Tuesday. Wednesday is 7-9am for walk to school with coffee and donuts and 5:45-7pm for the literacy event.
- Students may turn in Box Tops and Aunt Millie’s School Spirit labels October 8-12. Please make sure they are in a sealed plastic baggie or envelope with student's name clearly labeled. This is our annual individual student competition. Top three students bringing in the most labels will win a prize!! And students who bring in 50 or more labels will be added to a special prize drawing! We are looking for label collection counters. Please sign up at https://eaglepto.ivolunteer.com/boxtoplabel_2018.
- The Eagle Extravaganza Auction Committee needs volunteers to help solicit donations for our biggest Spring fundraiser, the Eagle Extravaganza, being held on March 1st! Please contact Marcia Rosenfeld (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you would be willing to help on this critical committee. A co-chair is also needed! Our first meeting will take place near the end of October, so that we can begin soliciting those donations that require several months of lead time. If you have connections to local or even non-local businesses that would be willing to provide a gift card or product donation for our Auction, please let Marcia know. We have a list of businesses to contact, but are always looking for new items to offer for the Auction.
School Lunch Information
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECKS FOR VOLUNTEERS
We value partnerships with our families and welcome parents and guardians to serve as volunteers in our schools. Each ZCS building offers a wide variety of volunteer opportunities.
Field Trip Chaperones
Out of Town/Overnight Chaperones
Classroom Helpers (PTO parties/room parents)
After Prom Workers
Field Day/Jog-A-Thon Volunteers
Book Fair Sales/Athletic Ticket Sales
During the school day, all volunteers are expected to sign in at the front office. Prior to the volunteer opportunity, all volunteers must sign a Non-disclosure Acknowledgement Form and have successfully completed a Full Criminal History Background Check. Necessary background check paperwork is available on the ZCS website at the Volunteers/BRAVO link and should be submitted at least 10 days prior to the intended volunteer date. Volunteers must also view the state mandated confidentiality/bullying video, provided on the Volunteer/BRAVO website. The volunteer will pay the fee* for the full background check which will expire after 5 years. The link to apply for the full background check can be accessed on the Volunteers/BRAVO link on the ZCS main webpage. For more information, contact the Volunteer/BRAVO Coordinator.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECKS FOR VISITORS
During the school day, all visitors must enter via the front door and sign-in at the front office. Visitors need to be prepared to present a government issued photo ID which will be scanned against the National Sex Offender Registry. All visitors will be issued a visitor badge/tag to be worn inside the building at all times.
Classroom Guest Speakers
Classroom Special Events (Grandparent Day/Famous Hoosiers/etc.)
We ask that all visitors schedule an appointment to meet with teachers, counselors, administrators and all other staff members so that we may best serve everyone. Visitors other than parents/guardians must be prearranged and organized through the main office.
*ZCS thanks all volunteers for generous support of our youth and schools. Thank you, too, for supporting assurance of student and staff safety by completing and paying for a volunteer background check.