SIEC New Teacher Program Cohort 2
Designed for Teachers With 0 to 3 Years' Experience
We are excited at the Southern Indiana Education Center to offer a professional learning experience that will empower and support the new teachers within your school district. The SIEC New Teacher Program will encompass two school years and will include at least 6 face-to-face professional learning sessions with teachers that are brand new or have been teaching from 0 to 3 years. We all know the importance of keeping quality teachers and supporting new teachers in every way possible. This is a golden opportunity for new teachers to connect and further their learning with other new teachers throughout the southwest Indiana region.
Over-arching goals include:
- Enhance instructional practice and classroom management skills of novice teachers especially those skills that weren't developed in post-secondary education!
- Promote professional and personal well-being of novice teachers
- Increase retention of new teachers
- Support a new teacher induction process and encourage professional relationships between novice teachers, administrators, and colleagues
- Developing and applying a growth mindset to the classroom
- Exploring options for mentor relationships at your school
- Provide an opportunity for new teachers to dive deeper into personalized topics based on individual needs
Registration is open now and the first day will arrive soon. Don't miss this unique opportunity to connect and learn with like-minded new teachers!
2017/18 School Year: October 3, November 14 (2017), February 1, April 2 (2018)
2018/19 School Year: September 7 (2018), April 5 (2019)
Workshop Series Information
- All workshop days will take place at the Southern Indiana Education Center located at 1102 Tree Lane Drive in Jasper. (47546)
- Each day will begin at 9:00 a.m. and end at 3:00 p.m. (Eastern)
- Participants are encouraged to bring laptop computers to the workshops to access online resources.
- Participants will receive a professional growth points certificate worth 36 points at the end of the series.
- Cost for this 6-day workshop series: $585 for ESC Members ($820 non-members)
- Deadline to register is September 22, 2017
- See embedded registration form below.