April 11 - 15
The Shady Brook Vision and Mission Statements
Knowledge Informs and Determines Success for Students
The mission of Shady Brook Elementary is to educate all students for success today and tomorrow.
SEVEN more Mondays!
The sign-up sheet for Summative Appraisals will be on the window of your appraiser. Please make sure that you sign up for a time. Your summative form will be released to be reviewed by you at least five days prior to the meeting.
When you come to the conference please bring the following information with you:
- A copy of your pd transcript for the 2015 - 2016 school year. (If you copied and pasted it onto a portion of section II or III of the self-report, then please just let us know when you come.)
- If you would like to try something new next year (i.e. subject area/grade level), be ready to share that information.
- If you have an idea as to how we might improve a system or something that you would like for us to possibly implement on campus please have that information written down for us to review.
- What was the best thing about the 2015 - 2016 school year that you really want us to do again?
Important SBE Events to Remember:
- 4/9 SBE Carnival
- 4/11 2nd Grade - SAVE Child Abuse Prevention Program
- 4/12 Attendance Recovery Class #2
- 4/12 Paint a Picture w/ Mrs. Hermus - Art Fundraiser Event
- 4/13 Student Birthday Celebration
- 4/15 End of 5th Six Weeks
- 4/15 Friday Funday
- 4/19 Kindergarten Field Trip to the Dallas World Aquarium
- 4/20 5th Grade McCormick Park Field Trip
- 4/21 Report Cards Go Home
- 4/21 Staff Birthday Luncheon
- 4/21 Reflections Reception
- 4/22 Popcorn/Coke/Hat Day
- 4/22 HEB ISD Employee Banquet
- 4/25 6th Grade visits to the Junior High Schools
- 4/27 6th Grade visit to the Buinger Center
- 4/28 Art Night
- 4/29 Friday Funday
- 4/29 - 4/30 - Suzuki Spring Festival
- 4/12 Melissa to IS Mtg. (moved from 4/8)
- 4/12 Lisa to Counselor Mtg.
- 4/12 Ande to Nurse's Mtg.
- 4/13 Mary Stokic to visit SBE
- 4/14 Team Leader Mtg.
- 4/20 Shannon to Principals Mtg. (AM)
- 4/20 Clarence to AP Mtg. (PM)
- 4/21 5th Six Weeks Blockout Meetings
- 4/21 Goal Team Mtgs.
- 4/22 5th Six Weeks Blockout Meetings
- 4/28 Denise to Secretary Mtg.
- 4/28 Staff Mtg.
- 4/29 Shannon to Principals Mtg.
Kudos to. . .
- Darlene Gonzales for bringing brownies on Tuesday! They were delicious! (submitted by Lisa Evans)
- SBE Faculty and Staff for your flexibility on a VERY FULL DBA testing day. Every nook and cranny was used and you all did a great job of making necessary adjustments. Thank you!
- Lisa, Melissa, Tammie, Lori L, Lamarr and Jennifer for helping to cover grade levels for their conference time this week.
- The Fine Arts Team for covering the last two rounds of Fine Arts/PE classes on DBA day.
- Our kindergarten and 1st grade classes for being so quiet on a testing day when all but two grade levels were testing!
CELEBRATE EACH OTHER! SEND YOUR KUDOS TO SHANNON SO THAT SHE CAN ADD THEM HERE. WE HAVE GREAT THINGS THAT ARE HAPPENING. . .SHARE WHAT YOU ARE SEEING. If you would like for your submission to be anonymous just let me know. :)
Happy Birthday to. . .
4/13 Darlene Gonzales
4/19 Cindy Hermus
4/20 Sherry Cobble
4/21 Kacea Chappell
5/1 Celeste Bonnick
5/2 Tricia Lewis
5/7 Bea Cochran
5/7 Andrea Shelby
5/13 Kallee Bradford
5/18 Denise Campbell
5/20 Jennifer Priddy
5/20 Genna Schutza
5/22 Susan Rankins
5/30 Stephanie Billings
5/30 Maria Boone
6/9 Luke Landreville
6/10 Tweresa Crawford
6/10 Lauren Head
6/14 Misty Matcham
6/22 Delinda Rice
Upcoming DUE DATES
- 4/8 Teacher Self-Reports Sections II and III DUE
- 4/11 Lesson Plans due in the Shared Folder before the start of the school day.
- Sign up for your Summative Conference on the schedule on the window of your appraiser.
- 4/14 DLIC Nomination form due to Mrs. Campbell.
- 4/8 Self-Report Sections II and III DUE
- Team Minutes are due to the assigned administrator each week. :)
News you need to know!
A Bridal Shower for a member of our family! - Kindergarten is going to be hosting a bridal shower for Miss Head! It will be held after school at Mrs. Walker’s house on Friday, April 22nd at 4:00.
Attendance Recovery Class - Another class will be held next Tuesday. The notes will be going home tomorrow. Please let Clarence know if there is someone on the list that you would like to discuss further. Thanks!