Riverton School Newsletter
11/7/2023 - Issue 5 - #RivPride
®️ November SEL Trait - Service ®️
Good afternoon Riverton families!
In this newsletter I want to extend on a subtopic of belonging. This month we are highlighting SERVICE LEARNING as our students continue to make connections and a positive impact on our local and global community. Throughout Riverton School I have observed service learning by all grade levels. However, this month I wanted to give a huge shout out to our middle school students for their service learning projects and activities they are researching and implementing in Ms. Allen's class. A few of the projects are highlighted below. GREAT WORK!
Important Dates to Remember:
- 11/7/2023 - 12:20 PM Dismissal for students - Teacher In-Service - Election Day
- 11/9/2023 - School Closed - NJEA Convention
- 11/10/2023 - School Closed - NJEA Convention
- 11/13/2023 - World Kindness Day: Monday 11/13 - Please wear attire with a positive or kind message!
- 11/13/2023 - End of 1st Marking Period
- 11/21/2023 - @ 2:15 PM Grades 4&5 Turkey Trot
- 11/22/2023 - @ 11:30AM Rain Date for Turkey Trot
- 11/22/2023 - 12:20 Dismissal
- 11/23/2023 - School Closed Thanksgiving Break
- 11/24/2023 - School Closed Thanksgiving Break
- 11/27-12/1 - Riverton School Book Fair (details below)
- 11/28/2023 - @ 6:30PM BOE Meeting
- 11/29/2023 - 12:30 Dismissal Parent Conferences in the evening
- 11/30/2023 - 12:30 Dismissal Parent Conferences in the evening
- 12/1/2023 - 12:30 Dismissal Parent Conferences in the afternoon
- 12/1/2023 - 6:00PM - 8:00PM Middle School Dance Winter Formal
Ms. Odd's Mindful Minute for November -TEACHING YOUTH ABOUT SERVICE
Riverton School Student SERVICE in ACTION!
Help Save the Irrawaddy Dolphin!
How can you help? November 13 - 17: Bring a $1 or more! Any student donating will receive a bracelet or a sticker. All funds will be donated to Burma Dolphins. Please do not bring in coins.
Purple Heart Clothing Collection!
We can reduce Clothing Waste and Help Veterans and Their Families! Through November 6 - 17 please donate gently used clothes and shoes for Purple Heart. All donations should be brought to Ms. Allen's room #304.
Thank you so much for your participation and support!
Riverton Students Honor Community Veterans
Shout out to our school for honoring our local veterans. Thank you for your service to our country. Our first graders opened the ceremony with their When the Flags Come Marching in procession (pictured). A special shout out to our 4th grade students, their teachers and Mrs. Parker for their performance during the presentation. Our middle school students did an excellent job asking our guest of honor, Staff Sergeant William Barats, questions. Our 5th grade students also created digital appreciation cards. An additional special shout out to 6th grade student, Eamon Ehrhardt, for his solo rendition during the culminating slide show.
Middle School River Clean Up Service Project
Riverton School is Rockin'
Book Fair Week of November 27 - December 1.
Evening shopping Nov 29 & 30 during evening conferences
'Special person' shopping on Nov 29 from 9-10 (grandparents, aunts, uncles, and other special people are invited!)
Book fair closes at noon sharp on Dec 1
Riverton PTO Corner
Please come out to our PTO meeting. This months meeting will be held Wednesday, November 15th at 7:00 pm. Thank you for your support!
- ***VOLUNTEERS NEEDED *** The PTO is looking for members for its newly-created Wellness committee. Please reach out to Abby Greenwood at email@example.com,
PTO is also looking to expand the fundraising committee and recruit more members so we can achieve our 23-24 fundraising goals. Please reach out to Melissa Iannacone at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Community Events, Resources & Items to Explore
The below events are not directly affiliated with the Riverton School District. These events and activities are happening in and around our community.