RCE Family Update
8.21.21 - #teamRCE
New Procedures - starting Monday, 8/23
Second, I consider the safety and well-being of our students and adults my top priority. In this update, I would like to highlight a few changes we have put in place during the temporary virtual week. Please review with your RCE student before Monday morning.
- While we are not legally allowed to require masks, they are strongly encouraged.
- Please consider sending your RCE student to school with a mask, to limit spread.
- Optional masks will be available at every entrance, starting tomorrow morning.
- Students will go directly to the following classes when they report to campus - 6th & 7th grade to 1st period and 8th grade to 2nd period.
In order to limit cohorts, we will not be attending Rise and Shine at this time.
Breakfast will continue to be delivered to classrooms.
- To limit cohorts, we will be going back to eating lunch in the classroom.
- Students will go through the lunch line in limited, socially distanced groups. Please see the video below for a visual of this procedure.
- We will still be going outside, following lunch, at this time. I believe this time is important for middle school students.
- Buses - will be dismissed individually, as they arrive on campus.
- Car Riders - will be dismissed via this Google Form - bit.ly/RCEcarline
- Students will not be dismissed until their name is entered in the form. This will limit congregating outside after school. There will be adults ready to help tomorrow, if needed.
- Regular cleaning will continue.
- The entire school will be sanitized every Wednesday evening.
- Hand sanitizer will be available to students in every classroom and throughout the school.
- Handwashing throughout the day is encouraged.
- POSTPONED - Open House - Thursday, 8/26 - hope to reschedule at a later date
- CANCELED - Back-to-School Dance - Friday, 8/27
District Covid-19 Revisions
We hope that these measures will help limit the spread of Covid-19 at RCE. Again, while we can't require them, we believe mask wearing and vaccination (if able) to be the best ways to limit spread in schools.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
RC Edwards Middle School
Covid Testing Locations
Pickens County COVID Testing - Nettles Park conducts daily testing through Clemson University
Keep your child out of school pending the results of a Covid test. Let our school nurse, Kristen Osborne, know if you get a positive result - email@example.com or call 397-4207.
Even though all meals are free for the 2021-2022 School Year, there are other financial supports available to familes who qualify for meal assistance. Families must reapply each year to receive this opportunity. Only one entry needed per family.
Schedule Update for RCE
Update - Students will go directly to their 1st period (6th & 7th graders) or 2nd period (8th graders) when they report to campus. In order to limit cohorts, we will not be attending Rise and Shine at this time.
With the return to school this year, RCE is returning to a 6-Period Day in order to provide more opportunities for students in the area of Related Arts. Students will be able to have one Related Arts class period in the morning and one in the afternoon that they have selected from our Related Arts courses. All classes on our campus will be approximately 60 minutes in length based on our school hours of 8:30AM-3:05PM. Grade 6 families, please note that your students will be dismissed daily at 3:00PM as they will be traveling back to their 5th Period classes for dismissal. All other grade levels will be dismissed from their 6th Period classrooms daily.
RCE and DHS Athletics Updates
Coaches will communicate any changes to their practice/game schedules directly with players and families.
Important Dates on the RCE campus for August.
~POSTPONED - 26 RCE Open House (5:30-7PM)
~CANCELED - 27 RCE Back to School Dance (After-school until 5PM)
~31 Volleyball vs. Gettys MS (5:30PM)
This year will be asking all families interested in buying a Yearbook to please go to the Josten's website to make this purchase. A limited quantity of Yearbooks will be for sale on the day of Yearbook distribution. Reserve your copy in advance!
These documents provide information about creating an account, adding students to existing accounts, and setting up your parent account in Schoology.
If you haven't already, make sure that you download the new SDPC App to get the most up-to-date information for SDPC and RCE.
School Supply List for 2021-2022
This is an excellent resource regarding student policies and procedures for our school for the 2021-2022 school year!
Beginning October 11, 2017, you can receive a weekly email from Securly.com that will show you a preview of your child’s online activity. Click here for details!