all things Bennington Elementary
Important Upcoming Dates
- October 18th PTO Meeting 7:00 pm
- October 22nd Spirit Day - GO BADGERS!
- October 25-29th - Red Ribbon Week; dress up days below
- October 27th Early Dismissal 11:40
- October 29th Fall Class Parties
- November 4th PTO Food Day @ Godfathers (Bennington - all day)
- November 10th Early Dismissal 11:40
- November 24th - 26th No School; Thanksgiving Break
Fall Celebration - October 29th Parade and Party
Bennington Elementary will hold fall celebrations on October 29th.
We will have our costume parade from 1:40-2:00. The parade will be outdoors and will be streamed on our YouTube channel.
At 2:00 students will begin their celebrations in classrooms. Two room parents per classroom will be permitted. Parents signed up at the beginning of the year through PTO to be room parents. The room parents for our fall celebrations have been notified and have started to work on planning classroom activities.
** If this practice continues regarding only allowing two parents per classroom, the PTO will work to offer an additional sign up if new parents are interested in planning and leading the parties. It is important that when considering signing up, you will be asked to taken an active role in the planning, preparation, and facilitation of the celebrations.**
Veteran's Day Programs - November 11th
Pine Creek will host the district - sponsored program November 11th at 10:00AM.
To proudly display photos of Veterans from our community, please send Veteran photos to email@example.com along with their Name/Branch of the military. You may also upload them using this link to share with Pine Creek for the district program. https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdT6k-zdfAtIggFkAH9t2uSNKSSsSQkYDe-aoiV0hZOnqNolQ/viewform
Mrs. O'Connor was DUNKED!
The top 2 earners in each class got the chance to drunk Mrs. O'Connor. Let's just say our kids have good aim! Mrs. O'Connor spent more time underwater than above and she loved every minute of seeing the kids scream with excitement!
For possible positive cases within our Elementary Buildings, there are steps that differ between Vaccinated and UnVaccinated. At this time, we understand that Elementary Students do not have the option to receive a vaccination, but if that should change this explains how it would affect the close contact experience:
- First case in a classroom: All self-monitor unvaccinated wear a mask until 14 days have passed from the last exposure to the positive case.
- Second case in the same classroom: Within 14 days of the first case, all self-monitor and unvaccinated wear a mask (i.e. vaccinated do not have to wear a mask at that step. Unvaccinated choosing to NOT mask at this step will not be allowed to attend school) This occurs until 14 days have passed from the last exposure to the positive second case.
- Third case in the same classroom: Within 14 days of the first case, the school district will consult with DCHD to determine further mitigation measures; may include quarantine.
- The health department recommends if a household member tests positive for COVID-19, that the unvaccinated other household members quarantine. Your child’s school’s front office staff will be able to assist you in determining a safe return to school date for your child should this event occur within your household.
We will once again send staff and students home who exhibit COVID-19 symptoms.
COVID-19 Symptom Lists:
Students and staff with any one (1) of the following symptoms will be sent home:
New Cough, New Onset of Shortness of Breath, New Loss of Taste or Smell
Students and staff with any two (2) of the following symptoms will be sent home:
Fever 100.4 F. or Above, Chills, Muscle Aches, Headache, Sore Throat, Nausea or Vomiting, Diarrhea, Fatigue
Please continue to communicate with us if a household member of your student has tested positive for COVID-19. If the student is Unvaccinated, the student must quarantine at home away from the positive individual. They may return to school with a negative COVID-19 test on Day 5 or later from the last time they were in close contact with the household member and may return to school after Day 7. The student should wear a mask and continue to self-monitor through Day 14.
Badger Blue Spirit Days
Mark your calendars! On these days, we are looking for the class that has the highest percentage of participation. We encourage you to send your child in all the spirit wear they own...or even a blue shirt! Add those bows, socks, hair paint etc. The winning class from each grade gets to keep "Tuffy", the badger in their rooms for a month.
Upcoming PTO Food Nights
- Thursday, November 4th - Godfather's (Bennington) All Day
If you're just running late or your student is coming in after an appointment, we would like to know. We just want to make sure all of our BE students are accounted for.
Bennington Volleyball Club 5th and 6th grade
Clinics: November 3rd and 10th, 5-7 pm (please only sign up for one date)
$20 per athlete
Tryout: November 17th, 5-7pm no charge (5th and 6th grade girls)
Fee: $600 fee payable to Sunset Volleyball Club & $65 payment to https://www.greatplainsvolleyball.org/mms when you register your athlete
Provided by club:
Practices from Dec-end of March approx. 16 practices
2 T-shirt jerseys
8 kids per team (hoping to have 2 teams)
Fee is due November 30th. If you need to make payments for the fee please contact me.
All practices will be on Wednesday’s at Bennington Elementary from 5-7pm.
Bennington Public Schools Mission
The Mission of Bennington Public Schools is to provide opportunities in a safe, caring environment that will prepare all students to meet the challenges of the future.
Notice of Nondiscrimination: Bennington Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, age, or other protected status in its programs and activities and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups.