Family Plans & Upcoming Breaks
November 13, 2020
November & December Breaks
Dear Ohlone Families and Staff,
Part of keeping our Ohlone community safe includes making choices that protect our stable cohorts of students, teachers, and instructional aides. At school, our staff is committed to following county guidelines and have remained vigilant in making sure students maintain physical distancing and wear face coverings. Students are doing an exceptional job at frequent handwashing and using hand sanitizer to reduce the chance of spreading the virus. Our custodial team is meticulous at disinfecting classrooms, bathrooms, play structures, and high contact surfaces to keep students and staff safe.
For the upcoming breaks, please consider the safety of our community and the necessity of any travel during the November and December breaks. If traveling is not essential, please think of virtual ways of connecting with loved ones who live outside of the area. I know how hard it has been to be without extended family during this time. I am hopeful we can return to some semblance of the days of old soon. With the recent rise in cases, I feel that the extra precaution is necessary at this time.
Please take a moment to read the safety recommendations and travel guidance from the Santa Clara County Public Health Department. If traveling is a necessity, COVID-19 testing and quarantining for 14 days are strongly recommended.
Thanksgiving Break: November 23-27
Winter Break: December 21-January 6
Ohlone is a caring community that I know we all feel lucky to be a part of. Thank you for taking the extra precautions during the upcoming breaks to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and to keep our school and greater community safe.
Purple Tier Updated Guidelines
- California Department of Public Health: https://www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/CID/DCDC/Pages/COVID-19/Guidance-for-the-Prevention-of-COVID-19-Transmission-for-Gatherings-November-2020.aspx
- County of Santa Clara Department of Public Health: https://www.sccgov.org/sites/covid19/Pages/order-health-officer-10-05-20.aspx
Recommendations for Keeping Our Community Safe
- Choosing not to travel if non-essential
- Keeping gatherings small, short, stable, and outdoors
- For those who are traveling outside the Bay Area, tips are provided to help avoid catching COVID-19 or spreading it to fellow travelers
- A 14 day self-quarantine is strongly recommended after a return from traveling, if your activities while traveling put you at higher risk of COVID-19
For more information, please visit this link.
Holiday Travel Guidance
Do I need to quarantine or get tested when I return from traveling outside of the county? Currently, there is no legal requirement that you get tested or quarantine after traveling outside the state or country. However, the COVID-19 virus is still circulating across the region, country, and globe, and if you are returning to Santa Clara County after travel, you should ask yourself the following questions:
- In the areas you visited, were the COVID-19 case rates higher than in Santa Clara County?
- Did you engage in any activities that would increase your risk of exposure? (examples include attending events with people outside your household, having contact with people who are not wearing face coverings, or attending large in person events.)
If you answered yes to either question, you are strongly encouraged to protect yourself and others in the Santa Clara county community by:
- Reducing your contact with people outside your household for 14 days after returning
- Getting tested during this 14 day period, ideally sometime between four and seven days after your return
- Taking extra care to always wear your face covering when you’re in public