Windsor High School
Announcements - March 22, 2019
A concussion is a type of traumatic brain injury that changes the way the brain normally works. If your son or daughter experiences a blow or bump that causes his or her head and brain to move rapidly back and forth, please contact us. There are protocols we can put in place to support your child’s recovery and minimize the academic impact of this usually temporary trauma.
Signs and symptoms can vary but might include confusion, forgetfulness, clumsiness, mood or behavior changes, headaches, nausea or vomiting, and/or sensitivity to light or noise.
To report a concussion or to get more information contact Erin Wick, Health Aide, at (970) 686-8112.
New Class at Windsor High School
Windsor High School will implement a new class for all students next year called Wizard Skills. This class will focus on supporting students' academic progress, career planning, school culture building, and build positive relationships.
We wanted to share with you a couple of main ideas:
- ELO will be embedded in the Wizard Skills class
- Students will still have a 45-minute lunch
- Wizard Skills will be smaller groups of students that will remain as a cohort throughout their high school experience
- Curriculum currently taught by the counseling office and through guest speakers will no longer need to interrupt content courses and instead be taught in the Wizard Skills class
- Focus will be on financial literacy, technology and internet literacy, college and career planning, social-emotional learning, goal setting, and academic support
- Students will have an opportunity to work with teachers to make up assignments and tests during this time (just like ELO)
- Students will be graded on pass/fail basis with skills listed on their transcripts
For more information, please see page 18 of the course description book: https://windsorhighcounseling.weebly.com/course-description-guide.html
Attention Freshmen Parents and Students!
My name is Kesia Cutlip and I am one of the freshmen class sponsors for the class of 2022. As part of our fundraising efforts to raise money that will eventually go toward the prom that our class puts on as juniors as well as toward graduation, we are in charge of selling concessions at home track meets this year. We are looking for both parent and student volunteers who would be able to come help out with selling concessions at the Murray Kula Track Invite which has been rescheduled for Tuesday, April 2nd. Since it was rescheduled from last Saturday to a day during Spring Break, several of the people that we originally had to help out (including 2 out of 3 of the class sponsors) will be out of town. So we really need your help! We are look for parents who would be comfortable grilling burgers and hot dogs and supervising student volunteers with taking money and serving drinks and snacks. I am hoping for people to serve approximately 3 hour shifts although I will take any help that I can get. You can use this SignUpGenius link if you would like to sign up for a shift.
If you have any questions, or if you are interested in helping out but cannot be there for a full 3 hour time slot, please feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you so much in advance for any help that you can provide!
Windsor High School Spanish Teacher and Freshmen class sponsor
Spring Testing Schedule
March 27 - CMAS Science (11th grade)
- 9th & 10th graders will attend in the morning and participate in PSAT review sessions.
- 11th graders will take the CMAS science exam.
- Seniors will not need to attend in the morning.
- All students will attend a shortened GOLD day schedule.
April 9 - SAT (11th grade)
- Only 11th-grade students will be in attendance.
April 11 - PSAT 9/10 (9th & 10th grade)
- 9th- and 10-grade students will complete their respective PSAT exams
- 11th- and 12th-grade students will not attend.
SUMMER INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITIES AVAILABLE
Windsor High School Basketball Camp
Flip Flop Gala - Friday, August 23
Safety at WHS
Are You Following Mrs. Scallon??...
Twitter - @Windsorprincipal
Instagram - Wizardprincipal
Get the latest and most up-to-date information!
Tuesday, March 26 - Choir Concert, 7 pm in the auditorium
Wednesday, March 27 - CMAS testing
Friday, March 29 - Last day of 3rd quarter
Monday, April 1 - Friday, April 5 - Spring Break
Monday, April 8 - No school, teachers report
Tuesday, April 9 - SAT testing for all Juniors
Thursday, April 11 - PSAT testing for Freshmen and Sophomores
Saturday, April 13 - Prom and After Prom
Monday, April 22 - NHS Blood Drive
Tuesday, April 23 - Hall of Fame Banquet
Friday, April 26 - No school, teachers report
Thursday, May 2 - Saturday, May 4 - Spring Musical, 7 pm in the auditorium