Weekly Staff Update
5/9/2016 - 5/13/2016
5/9: FES 5th Grade Orientation; Credit Recovery; 5th/6th Volleyball
5/10: Flipped Schedule, 7th ELA M-STEP; JAZ: Victimproof; SIP Meeting
5/11: Flipped Schedule, 7th SCI M-STEP; T.H.E. Program
5/12: 7th/8th Writing Club & PASS Mentoring Meeting; Track @Armada
5/13: 6th Writing Club;
VICTIMPROOF VIDEO 9.1 – LESSON PLAN
LEARNING OBJECTIVES: Upon completion, students will be able to...
- Analyze the negative side effects of making excuses and shifting the blame.
- Discuss the importance of being a responsible person.
- Record their own commitment to go one week without making excuses.
1. WATCH VIDEO (3 MINUTES, 15 SECONDS)
2. GROUP DISCUSSION QUESTIONS
- Why is responsibility (owning your actions) so tough for students?
- Why do you think we are motivated to make excuses and shift the blame?
- How does a victim handle it when they are held responsible?
- How does a responsible person handle it when they are held accountable?
- Write out a personal commitment to make ZERO excuses for one week.
Username: yaleschoolsPassword: victimproof
SIP FOCUS - M-STEP / COMPLETING CURRICULUM MAPS
6th: Make Up (Complete)
7th: May 10, 11, 19 (18 is PT in classrooms; regular schedule); Student Schedule
*Please Ensure we have enough Chromebooks for the days we plan to take students through the practice.
**I have signed out Chromebooks for the testing days in the shared Google Document
Dream Trip Raffle Plans
- 140 Scientiifc Solar Calculators (60 are In)
- 10 TI-84 CE Graphing Calculators (All 10 are here; 10 more coming from private donor)
- 3 Water Bottle Refilling Stations (1 paid for by Student Council)
- 1 B&W Printer for Science Hall w/ extra toner (Here)
EASY WAYS TO HELP
Yale Junior High PTO
1. Download Shoparoo to your mobile device. You will scan any grocery, fuel, or non-grocery receipt. We also have a Yale Junior High PTO page on Facebook, please like us!
Be sure to select Yale Junior High
2. Please donate ANY AND ALL used ink cartridges and cell phones (even if they are damaged) by bringing them into the office. We will be recycling them and receiving money for our media center in exchange!
3.VOLUNTEER YOUR TIME! JOIN US AT OUR NEXT MEETING or assist us in counting Vinckier Rewards or Aunt Millies labels.
“Like” us on Facebook – Yale Junior High PTO (click on 'YJH PTO' above to link to the page)