GHMS Dawg Bites
Volume 5, Issue 7 --- Week of September 25th
Excellence is our cornerstone, our tradition, the Bulldog way!
Week of September 25th - Upcoming
9/25 - 7th Grade VB at FMMS - 5 P.M. (Away)
9/25 - 8th Grade VB v. FMMS - 6:15 P.M. (Away)
9/26 - Academic Team Tryouts - During Flex
9/26 - First Day of Frisbee Golf Club - 3:30 P.M. - 4:45 P.M.
9/27 - 7th Grade VB v. SFMS - 5 P.M. (Home)
9/27 - 8th Grade VB v. SFMS - 6:15 P.M. (Home)
9/27 - 7th Grade FB at BTMS - 5 P.M. (Away - Double Header)
9/27 - 8th Grade FB at BTMS - 6:30 P.M. (Away - Double Header)
9/28 - New Student Welcome Party - Sponsored by 8th Jr. Beta Club (current members) - during Flex
9/28 - First Day of Spirit Week
9/28 - Dress up day - Red, White, and Blue - America Day!
9/29 - Book Club Meetings (during lunches)
9/29 - Dress up Day - Team Day (Hats/Jerseys/t-shirts/etc)
Academic Team Tryouts
Any 6th, 7th, or 8th grade student can tryout! There are three teams -- one for each grade. Tryouts will be during flex time (8:15) on Tuesday, September 26th in the cafeteria. Students need to bring a pencil with them!
Contact Mrs. White with questions: email@example.com
Bulldog Spirit Week 2017
Thursday, September 28th - Wednesday, October 4th
Thursday 9/28 – Red, White and Blue – America Day!
Friday 9/29 – Team Day (Hats, Jerseys, T-shirts, etc.)
Monday 10/2 – Pink Out Day
Tuesday 10/3 – Disney Day
Wednesday 10/4 – Black, Blue and White day (No color designation by grade) … Wear school colors!
Dress Code for spirit days:
- Shorts, shirts, leggings, etc. must follow standard dress code (All five days…no short shorts or leggings that aren’t worn properly)
- Students can wear eye black, temporary tattoos or small amounts of paint on their face (i.e. GHMS)
- No full face paint
- Temporary hair color is fine (i.e. white, blue, black)
Volleyball - PINK Out Night - Monday, October 2nd
- Versus Indian Land Middle School
- Students can stay after school supervised until 4:30 P.M. when they can go into the gym for the game.
- Concessions will be available for purchase.
Spirit Week Assembly: Wednesday, October 4th, 2:20 P.M. - 3:10 P.M.
Annual Bulldog Bash: Wednesday, October 4th, 3:30 P.M. – 8 P.M.
- Come cheer on the 7th and 8th grade football teams in their double header against Pleasant Knoll Middle School!
- All Students have the opportunity to stay after school with supervision from 3:20 P.M. – 4:00 P.M. (no cost). Students will stay in the cafeteria until 4 P.M. and then released to the football field to begin the Bulldog Bash activities.
- Each student will need to purchase a football ticket for $2 to enter the field (if they didn't purchase a wristband). Administrators will sell game tickets to students that need them between 3:30 P.M. - 4 P.M. on game day.
- Wristbands can be purchased until October 2nd. (See details below in Bulldog Bash section. Order forms can also be downloaded below. Sponsored by the GHMS Athletic Booster Club.)
Double Header Football games at home versus Pleasant Knoll Middle School:
- October 4th – GHMS
- $2.00 admission for students & $3.00 admission for adults
- 7th Grade Football at 5:00 P.M.
- 8th Grade Football follows at the conclusion of the 7th grade game!
- All parents and students are welcome!!! Come see Bulldog Football under the lights!
Bulldog Bash 2017 - Wristband orders due - October 2nd
-Wristbands are $10 and include:
- Game admission to double-header
- A chance to be in a drawing for the field goal contest
***Wristband order forms can be downloaded by clicking on the link below!
Introducing the GHMS Disc Golf Club!
Come join Mr. DiMaria, Mr. Wesseling, and your peers to enjoy disc golf after school. The club will meet twice monthly on Tuesdays (weather permitting) from 3:30 P.M. to 4:45 P.M. starting September 26th.
The objective of this club is to learn the rules of disc golf, learn proper technique, and just to have some fun while spending time with your classmates.
See Mr. DiMaria (318) for more details about the club and a permission slip. You may also click on the information sheet and permission slip below!
Questions? Contact Mr. DiMaria - firstname.lastname@example.org
Student Grades Reporting Dates and Incentive Dates
- October 25th - Quarter 1 Report Cards go home with students
- October 27th - Quarter 1 Incentive Day
- November 15th - Quarter 2 Progress Reports
- January 5th – Quarter 2/Semester 1 Report Cards go home with students
- January 12th - Quarter 2 Incentive Day
- February 14th - Quarter 3 Progress Reports
- March 21st – Quarter 3 Report Cards go home with students
- March 29th - Quarter 3 Incentive Day
- April 19th - Quarter 4 Progress Reports
- May 24th - Quarter 4 Incentive Day
- May 31st – Final Report Cards mailed home
- Stay updated with parent portal: https://fortmill.powerschool.com/public/home.html
- Need to enroll in parent portal - contact our school registrar Dawn Fite at: email@example.com
Link your Harris Teeter VIC Card to GHMS (you can link to more than one school/organization):
Name of School – GHMS
TIE Account # is – 2247 (GHMS PTA)
TIE Account # is – 1019 (GHMS Athletic Booster Club)
We received over $4000.00 in donations from Harris Teeter last year due to VIC Cards!