Week of April 11th
GTES and Summative Conferences
ELA - Section 1 & 2 - Monday, 4/18/2016
ELA- Section 3 - Tuesday, 4/19/2016
Math - Section 1 & 2 - Thursday, 4/21/2016
Science Section 1 & 2 - Monday, 4/25/2016
Social Studies - Section 1 & 2 - Wednesday, 4/27/2016
Rolling Makeups - 4/18 - 4/28/2016 and Final Makeups - 4/29/2016
Summer Professional Development
- Student Transitions - Please be reminded that students should not be transitioning by themselves on the outside of our building. Example: A student walking by themselves from the playground to the 4th-grade hall outside through the parking lot is a safety concern. We need to make sure that students are transitioning through our locked building when they are not with a teacher.
- Staff Attendance - As we are entering testing season please be mindful of your absences during this time. Students perform better when you are here at school. Personal days should be requested 5 days prior. Staff attendance is at 94% ( YEAH)! Continue doing a great job of being here for our kids:) Substitutes are scarce this time of year. Please support your colleagues by being here...........If too many people are out ( Monday and Friday's) we may have to split classes.
This Isn't What I Signed Up For... By Jacki Sellmansberger
I have been a teacher for over 30 years in one way or another – parenting, teaching at church, teaching exercise classes, teaching groups in my own home, and educating hundreds of children from Kindergarten through eighth grade. Teaching has been my life!
If you have never seen the movie, “Mr. Holland’s Opus,” please put that on your to-do list over spring break. I was moved to tears, as I watched this story of a man who gave his life to teaching children. It was such a clear picture of what we give ourselves to as educators of the children we teach every day. Every day, we as educators fulfill a myriad of roles! And the longer we are in this career, we realize, I didn’t know this was part of my job description! Was this really what I signed up for?
As I watched this movie again recently, I was reminded of why I have continued to give my heart and soul to this career: it is my passion! I believe in what I am doing! Someday – hopefully in the very distant future – as I breathe my last breath, I want to know that my life counted for something, because I invested it in the lives of others! Not just the young children I work with, but the opportunities abound to encourage my peers, as well! I hope you will see this movie and that it will be a refreshing reminder of why you get out of bed every morning and do what you do!
Regardless of what your spring break plans are, make time for yourself somewhere in the next 10 days!
Dates to Remember
- 3:15-4:30 - Grade Level Team Leader Meeting
Tuesday, April 12
- 3:15- GMAS Testing Meeting/Faculty Meeting
Wednesday, April 13
- GMAS updates during planning 3rd, 4th, 5th grades in the professional development room, K, 1, 2, - Technology NIT session in the professional development room
- Grade Level Planning meet with Grade Level AP during planning
Friday, April 15
- GMAS Pep Rally - 3rd, 4th, and 5th grades in the large gym - 1:00-2:30