Home of the Dragons
Dear Duveneck Families,
Parents and family members, I want to acknowledge your amazing support and efforts to help your children at home with their Phase III program. Helping to manage distance learning while doing your own work and managing a household can cause a lot of pressure and stress. I want to say thank you and let you know that we are all in this together. Our teachers have been working hard, growing in their practice in online instruction too. This takes time, effort, luck and flexibility. I am PROUD of our dynamic and dedicated team of educators. Finally, a huge shout out to our students who are resilient and open to trying all the new methods of learning that are being presented. Please remember that we are all living through something none of us have ever experienced before and although the path may be bumpy at first, it will surely grow more smoothly as time goes on.
As a reminder, here are some ways that you can help your child participate and engage in learning:
- Making sure they have access to a device that is capable of going online
- Scheduling time in the day that your child can focus on learning
- Being available to help your child while they engage in their learning activities and Zoom classroom meetings
- Provide a quiet space with minimal distractions
- Share your child's work with the teacher on learning platform they are using for their class - Schoology, Google Classroom
- If you are experiencing technology issues or need assistance, submit a help ticket through Let’s Talk.
- For more information on Phase III, please see PAUSD's Guide to Phase III
- For more information on a guide for Phase III, please see https://www.pausd.org/explore-pausd/news/guide-phase-iii
- If you have questions or need help please contact your teacher. I am also happy to help too so don't hesitate to contact me at email@example.com
- I'd also like to direct your attention to School Board Meetings which happen bi-monthly on Tuesday evenings. There is an important Board Meeting next Tuesday night. For more information about these meetings please see https://www.pausd.org/explore-pausd/board-education
I know we all miss being together on campus at our wonderful school. Let's continue to stay positive and look forward to the time when we will be able to do so again.
Have a good rest of the week.