School Starts Tomorrow - August 5th
August 4, 2020
School starts tomorrow - August 5th! We are here to help your child's transition back to school. Here are additional updates regarding our return this week. Please note, archived information (previous newsletters) are listed at the bottom.
Student Email Addresses - ALL Students
Most students, including returning students have a new email addresses and password. ALL students will need to know this information. Please review pg 2-3 of the AAL Resources for (Online) E-Learning resource packet.
Carline Drop off and Pick-Up
Click on Carline Drop Off Maps review drop off and pick up areas at respective buildings.
Online Student Support
- AAL Resources for (Online) E-Learning
- AAL Zoom and Google Classroom Access
- Online Students - Internet Access Issues
If you have trouble with Google Classroom and Zoom Access, email Tracy Brandon at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide your phone number so she can give you a call.
Online Student and Parent Virtual Meeting
- Based on parent requests, we will host a virtual parent meeting TONIGHT (8/4) at 4:00 PM to help guide parents AND students through getting online and using Google Classroom.
- We will have a Spanish speaking interpreter.
- Join Zoom Meeting
Online (e-learning) Student Device Pick-up
- 2nd- 8th grade students who are CONFIRMED online may pick up a device Tuesday, 8/4 from 8AM-3PM at the Main Building, 431 Sable Blvd. Aurora, CO 80011.
- Note: K-1st grades, are not available yet.
Back to School
- Parents must bring their child to school in the morning.
- Students will remain in cars until their temperature is taken.
- Students with a temperature over 100.4 will need to go home.
- Parents may not enter the building to walk their child to class.
- All of our staff will be present to help students find their way to classrooms.
- Parents who need to purchase shirts may go to the front entrance of the respective building.
- Click on the following links for more details regarding our health and safety protocols:
- TFS Health & Safety Guidelines (updated 7/8/20)
Breakfast/Lunch at School
- To set up your account to pay for meals at school, you will need to set up an account with Pay Schools Central.
- For low income families, complete the Free Reduced Lunch Application.
- Breakfast is served until 20 minutes before class starts.
- Students may head to the cafeteria, get breakfast and head directly to their classroom.
- Students may bring a cold lunch to school. Students do not have access to a microwave.
- Students who are enrolled online may pick up Grab & Go Meals from pick up locations.
Please be Patient
This is a complicated return to school. We are doing our best to have a great start to the school year. If something doesn't go quite as planned, we'll work out the issues and make it right. We thank you in advance for your understanding!
Helpful Links from Previous Newsletters
Pay Schools Central (set up payment for breakfast/lunch)
Academy of Advanced Learning