The Falcon Flyer
LIKE us on Facebook!
Weather Make-Up Days
ATTENTION ... Please see the following statement from Dr. Mercer regarding our make-up days:
“The school day missed due to inclement weather on January 25th will be made up on May 31st, the last designated inclement weather make-up day on our calendar. May 26th will be a full day; the last two days, May 27th and 31st, will be half days.”
Congratulations to Our March Terrific Kids!
Congratulations to our March Terrific Kids ...
Irena Difort, Faith Horne, Taylor Guy, Absadi Price, Zabian Kendrick, Sidney Smith, Nate Osment, Jackson Yarbrough, Neveah Allen, Anna Difort, Lily Brown, Marissa Vaughn, Ada Tuck, Sonny Hiltgen, Evan Mauney, Savannah Hensley.
Morning Arrival Reminders
- The school doors open at 7:00am. No student should be dropped off prior to 7:00am.
- Parents who need to walk in with their child are asked to park in a designated parking space and wait at the orange cones for school personnel to indicate that it is safe to cross.
- Students must be dropped off in the car drop-off line. No student is allowed to be dropped off in the front parking area or in the bus loop at the back of the building.
- Parents are asked to pull all the way down to Pole #1 when dropping off students. This allows for a minimum of 7 cars to unload at the same time.
- Please do not have your student wait for their car door to be opened by school personnel. Staff on duty will be more than happy to assist any student that needs help getting out of the car. This includes opening doors for younger students and helping with bookbags.
- Car riders wishing to eat breakfast in the cafeteria should be in the cafeteria by 7:25am.
- The first bell rings at 7:30am. At this time, all students are brought into the classroom and morning assignments are started.
- The front doors are closed at 7:38am. Students arriving after 7:38am do not have enough time to get to class by the 7:40am bell. If you arrive after 7:38am, you will need to walk in with your child, sign them in, and get a pass to class for your child.
- At 7:40am, the tardy bell rings. Any student not in their classroom at that time is considered tardy.
Thank you for your support in keeping our students safe and promoting positive attendance habits. Please contact the office if you have any questions or concerns.
SC-READY Testing Information
Testing Dates and Times
- April 26th - ELA Session 1 (2.5 hours)
- April 27th - ELA Session 2 (2.5 hours)
- April 28th - Math (2 hours)
All students in 3rd-5th grades will participate in SC-READY testing.
Testing will begin each morning at 8:30am.
Please make sure your child arrives at school on time on testing days. (The tardy bell rings at 7:40am.) Students who arrive after testing has started will not be allowed to enter their classroom until testing has been completed and will therefore be schedule for make-up testing.
During testing sessions, students may not be in possession of any electronic devices that can be used for communicating, timing, creating images or storing images. 3rd and 4th grade iPads will remain in their carts and 5th grade iPads will be collected and stored. As is always the case, cell phones will not be permitted at school.
Please do not schedule doctor appointments or other out-of-school appointments during testing hours. Typically, students perform much better on standardized assessments when they are able to complete the assessments in their natural, daily environment.
KEEPING YOU IN THE KNOW ...
- Monday, April 11th - Mayo Singers meet
- Tuesday, April 12th - District 2 Board Meeting
- Friday, April 15th - Spirit Day / Hat Day
- Monday, April 18th - Fire Drill
- Thursday, April 21st - SIC / Title I meeting (8am)
- Friday, April 22nd - Spirit Day
- Monday, April 25th - Mayo Singers meet
- Monday, April 25th - MES Art Show (5:30pm) and 2nd grade Program (6pm)
- Tuesday, April 26th - SC-READY ... ELA Session 1
- Wednesday, April 27th - SC-READY ... ELA Session 2
- Wednesday, April 27th - Interims issued
- Thursday, April 28th - SC-READY ... Math