The Preschool Press
December 18, 2020
A NOTE FROM THE DIRECTOR
This week we finished decorating our gingerbread houses and making Christmas gifts for loved ones. In Art, we made starry night, holy night pictures and in Catechesis, we learned the Annunciation of Mary work. Of course, we also enjoyed singing Christmas songs with Mrs. Barbour in Music!
Thank you so much for being part of our ECDC family this semester. We have enjoyed getting to know your children and helping them discover the big world around them. Even though this year has been somewhat different, we have tried to keep the children's experiences as close to normal as possible. We are looking forward to next semester and continuing to make precious memories with them. Thank you for all the wonderful Christmas gifts, kind words, prayers, and support. Have a very blessed Christmas with your families.
NEXT WEEK AT A GLANCE
Monday, January 4th
Enrollment for 21-22 begins
Tuesday, January 5th
School Advisory Council Meeting 6pm
Wednesday, January 6th
Feast of the Epiphany
Chalking of the Doors by CTK Deacons
Thursday, January 7th
Friday, January 8th
Kindergarten Virtual Open House
Kindergarten Application Opens
Total Confirmed ECDC Cases To Date: 1
Total Active ECDC Cases: 0
Students Actively Quarantined: 1
Teachers Actively Quarantined: 0
AFTER SCHOOL ART CLASS
Believe it or not, the time to enroll for the 21-22 school year is right around the corner. As always, if you have questions about your child's development, feel free to reach out to your child's teacher. Below is a timeline to help you plan for your child's enrollment for the 21-22 school year.
- ECDC Enrollment Period Begins-If you are interested in our TK Frog class, please notify Mrs. McGough or your child's teacher. Parents of returning students to ECDC will receive an email the first week of January with instructions on re-enrollment.
- Kindergarten Virtual Open House-Marquette will offer a Virtual Open House for prospective Kindergarten families on January 8th. A link will be provided the week of the event. The Virtual Open House will provide information about applying, a day in the life of a Marquette Kindergartener, and feature Dr. Mary Brandt discussing Kindergarten readiness.
- Kindergarten Application Opens-Please remember, if you are interested in Marquette Kindergarten you must complete and submit an application.
- Stewardship Card Deadline-A current year stewardship card must be submitted by this date to receive parishioner status tuition in 21-22 (Christ the King parishioners only).
- Re-enrollment at ECDC Deadline-Online enrollment, fees, and required documents must be submitted by this day to ensure your child's spot in the 21-22 school year.
February 4th and 5th
- Parent/Teacher Conferences
- Transitional Kindergarten Deadline-Last day to enroll your child in TK for 21-22.
- Kindergarten Application Deadline-In order to be considered in the initial round of enrollment, applications to Kindergarten must be submitted by this day.
Late February/Early March
- Initial Kindergarten Offers-Marquette begins notifying families regarding Kindergarten enrollment decisions.
Middle School Math
Marquette Catholic School is taking applications for a full-time Middle School (6th-8th Grade) Math Teacher. The position is available immediately, however, we are also accepting applications for the 2021-2022 school year. Marquette’s Middle School math program offers class sizes that average fifteen students or less and employs two full-time math teachers. Applicants must hold a Bachelor’s degree with certification for high school algebra. If you or someone you know is interested in joining our team, please submit all information to the principal at firstname.lastname@example.org and include a resume.
17/18 Christmas Parties
19 Christmas Break Begins
4 Classes Resume
8 Kindergarten Open House
16 ECDC Entrance Screenings
18 MLK Day-No School
30 Entrance Screenings
31-Feb 6 Catholic Schools Week
3 Blessing of Throats
4 Early Dismissal 2:15
4 Parent/Teacher Conferences 3-6pm
5 Parent/Teacher Conferences 8:30-12pm
5 No School
10/11 Valentine Parties
12 Diocesan Inservice-No School
15 President's Day-No School
16 Mardi Gras Parade
17 Ash Wednesday Service 9:15
1 Summer Registration opens
1 Lenten Project Collections begin
15-19 Spring Break
30/31 Spring Pictures
2 Good Friday-No School
5 Easter Monday-No School
8 Spanish and Art Show
8 Book Fair opens
30 Lunch at the Rectory
4/5 ECDC May Crowning
7 Field Day
28 Last Day of School-Noon Dismissal