TMS BLIF Update
September 11, 2015
Week at a Glance
ERPD on Wednesday, September 16, 2014
Please accept your email invitation to join my class in Canvas.
Updated Curriculum Guides - Everything but Art formatting has been corrected.
Viewing Data in Schoolnet-From Laura Elliot
Suggested Path to View Data in SchoolNet:
- Select HB - IIS for SchoolNet
- Select tab Classroom - Student Performance
- Teacher will select the subject
- Click on Tab for Benchmark Dashboard
- Shows list of assessments under the teacher name
- Click on the assessment
- Now you see comparison of the teacher class vs school vs district
- Click on Item Analysis
- This report gives you a student list by item.
Another Report that is just a summary of the scores:
Click on the tab for Student List & the radio button for Benchmark Results
I hope this helps you and your teachers. We are finding that if the tab for Item Analysis is used first, not all data is showing because the correct criteria must be selected.
Laptop Security Change-From David Blattner
To reiterate, we are now going to a white list of programs that will be allowed to run on the computer. This means that if there any programs that are currently on the computer that are not on the white list then they will not be able to run.
ISS Weekly TV Show
- Started our first recordings last week. Mr. Johnson invites you to come by and be a guest on our TV show. Mr. Johnson will be reaching out to you for interviews. These will be hour long segments; 4 15-minute installments.
- Story ideas – please send those ideas to Susie Wiberg or Jada Jonas.
ISS Help Desk-From S. Justice
You can use this for troubleshooting issues such as student pw changes. They can help reset pw for gmail, NCEDCLOUD, or logging in to Active Directory (Signing in on the computer). If you have students who are unable to login to any of these you can contact helpdesk and they can try to reset.
Grief/Hospice Group for Students-From Rife
If you are aware of students who are having grief and loss issues, please let Bustle or I know. Ms. Dorty for Hospice will begin her Rainbow Kids groups next week, so we want to make sure all students who need this get an opportunity to participate.
Professional Development Opportunities
Fall Teacher to Teacher Conference UNCC
The UNC Charlotte College of Education is pleased to present the Fall Teacher to Teacher Conference (T2T), October 13, 2015 (info flyer attached). This one day professional development conference is designed for P-12 educators to share their best classroom practices with one another. UNC Charlotte faculty will also present current trends in research-based field practices. In our first year, this conference was a big success with over 200 participants! We are excited to offer it again this fall. Please encourage your teachers to attend and present!
Presentation Topics include:
Engaging your hard-to-reach students
Differentiating for a variety of populations
How to be an effective Teacher-Leader
Becoming a cooperating mentor teacher for UNC Charlotte
Culturally responsive classrooms
And many more!
P-12 educators are encouraged to submit proposals to present! Come share your classroom/school successes with your colleagues!For one day of REALLY FANTASTIC PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT, the cost is only $25 (includes lunch, parking, and registration fee. Teacher substitutes must be arranged with school administration.)
To submit a proposal or register for the conference, go to: http://t2t.uncc.edu
We look forward to seeing your teachers on October 13, 2015!T2T Conference Flyer
Facilitated Online Courses for Fall
Facilitated Online Courses l FALL 2015
These FREE Online module courses will start Monday, September 7. Registration will open August 20, 2015. These courses are facilitated by the Educator Effectiveness staff.
1. Building and Sustaining Professional Development: 6 weeks, 1 CEU
2. Connecting with our 21st Century Learners: 5 weeks, 1 CEU
3. Digital Literacies in the K-12 Classroom: 6 weeks, 1.5 CEUs
4. Introduction to Data Literacy: 5 weeks, 1 CEU
5. Data Literacy in Action: 6 weeks, 1 CEU
6. Seize the Data: Empowering Teachers to Create and Use Assessment and Measurement: 14 weeks, 4 CEUs
7. North Carolina Teacher Standards and Evaluation Process: 6 weeks, 2 CEUs
8. Responsibilities of the 21st-Century Educator: 7 weeks, 1 CEU
9. Literacy in History/Social Studies, Science and Technical Subjects, Part 1: 5 weeks, .5 CEU
10. Literacy in History/Social Studies, Science and Technical Subjects, Part 2:7 weeks, 1.5 CEUs
For a description of the courses and associated CEUs visit our website https://rt3nc.org/. Participants are expected to meet all weekly deadlines in order to receive CEUs as partial credit will not be given.