May 2 - 6
Mother's Day Luncheon
Lunch times will be as follows:
3rd grade - 10:45
4th grade - 11:40
5th grade - 12:30
Mothers and visitors will be allowed to go to classrooms 15 minutes before lunch time to receive a special treat from their child. Please make plans to join us!
Teacher Appreciation Week
We have several things planned to help show our appreciation for teachers and staff. PTO will be providing breakfast Monday - Wednesday and lunch on Thursday. If you would like to help out with this, please contact Crystal Gibson, PTO President.
One thing we would like for the students to do is to bring in notes for the teachers on Friday. The notes can be thanking them for something they've done to help them this year or can be from the parents. We have designated Friday as "Notes of Affirmation" day and would love overwhelm our teachers with notes of appreciation!
What is Shark Tank?
All students have been presenting their projects to their class and a few from each class will get the chance to compete at the next level. Those chosen to compete at the next level will present to the MIS Sharks (aka a team of teachers) to get feedback and assistance with preparing their project for STEM night. At STEM night, these students will be pitching their idea to the real "Sharks" who are community and business leaders. All students will have a chance to display their work at STEM night and everyone is welcome! Check out below a few of the projects our students have come up with!
We hope to see you there on Thursday, May 19th, at 6pm in the MIS cafeteria!
Robot to cheer Cancer patients by Francisco and Zydarian
Fetch Fishing Pole by Mason and Arabella
Teacher Pen by Noah, Netoriya, and Chloe
Buckle Beverage by Alaina, Mackenzie, and Aubree
Instru-pen by Tristan and Kalen
Remote Control Turkey Decoy by Dylan and Jon Parker
UPCOMING IMPORTANT DATES
- May 2 - 5, ACT Aspire testing for 5th graders (AM only)
- May 2 - Human Brain exhibit, 4th and 5th grade only
- May 6 - Mother's Day Luncheon
- May 10 - Multiplication Bee, 3rd grade, 1:30 pm
- May 11- 12 Fifth grade tours at MMS
- May 13 - Boys and Girls Class, 5th grade
- May 18 - School-wide Spelling Bee, 1:30 pm
- May 19 - Evacuation Drill (pm); STEM Night
- May 20 - Second-grade tours; 5th grade Dress Rehearsal for Talent Show
- May 23 - Third-grade picnic at City Park; 5th grade Talent Show for students, 1:30 pm
- May 24 - Fourth-grade picnic at City Park; Fifth Grade Day at MIS
- May 25 - Fun in the Sun for all students
- May 26 - Honor's Assemblies
- May 27 - SAR Reward
- May 30 - Memorial Day Holiday
- May 31 - Last Day of School