COVID - 19 Update Term 2 (Week 2)
Monday 26th April, 2021
Dear Parents & Caregivers,
Whilst it was not quite the long weekend we had all looked forward to, I hope families had the chance to commemorate ANZAC Day with driveway services. I know my street embraced this opportunity and it was lovely to come together as a community.
Following on from Premier Mark McGowan's press conference today, I am pleased to offer the following advice regarding a return to school for St Francis of Assisi children and families.
- Are compulsory for all adults in the school grounds. Children do not need to wear them, but it is a parents right should they choose for their child to do so.
- Parents/visitors are welcome to school events and on school grounds but I ask that you please adhere to appropriate social distancing measures, wear a mask and practice appropriate hygiene.
- Kindy & PP Parents: please drop your children at the door and avoid entering classrooms unless essential. This will support us with maintaining distance.
- The uniform shop will operate as per normal, but will continue to only allow one adult/family inside at a time. Please social distance while waiting. The uniform shop will be open on Thursday 2:30pm-3:30pm this week.
- Any scheduled meetings or interviews that were due to take place this week will go ahead as planned. Staff and parents will need to wear masks during these meetings. This includes the timetabled Kindy Parent Interviews on Thursday.
ANZAC Day/Merit Assembly
- Unfortunately, parents MAY NOT attend these events. We will postpone the Merit Assembly scheduled for this Friday 30th April.
Unfortunately, the Year 4 Excursion to the WA Museum planned for this Friday 30th April, will be rescheduled as the museum has advised they will not be opening until Saturday.
As with earlier this year after the February lockdown, common sense practice will apply over the coming week. This includes masks, social distancing and stringent hand hygiene. Teaching and learning will resume as planned and children will be welcomed back into a safe and engaging learning environment.
Once again, our school and staff will be responsive and agile in pivoting to meet the needs of all of our children. We appreciate your support and understanding as we meet this latest challenge as educators and a faith community. I will provide a further update later this week as more directions on easing of restrictions are provided. As always, please feel free to contact me should you have any further questions.
UNIFORM SHOP - *Week 2*
Thursday: 2:30pm - 3:30pm
Where: NEW LOCATION - Operating out of the demountable at the rear of the school!
Ph: (08) 9204 1701
Address: 1/85 Guthrie St, Osborne Park 6017
For Parents, the link to the online ordering system is as follows:
From here, parents can see the uniforms list (including pricing) and place their orders online.
Also, as an alternative, parents can also go to the JFE website:
From here, they can see all the contact details for JFE.
They can also place orders from this website. They can click on the “Order Now” button or the “Orders” heading and use the School Code: 2147
Online Order Delivery Timing
JFE will deliver all online orders to the school - they will be available for collection/delivery every Monday
The cut-off time for online orders to make the above delivery date is 12midday the Friday to allow for delivery/collection on the Monday.