Miss Vensil's Science Class!
- Born & raised in Zanesville, OH
- Graduate of Zanesville High School (2009)
- Graduate of Ohio University - Zanesville (2017)
- Bachelor's Degree in Education
- Licensed to teach Middle Childhood - Math & Science
- Coach Freshmen Cheerleading at Zanesville High School
- Have a passion for learning & working with children
Homework is to be done on time and turned in at the beginning of class each day (if their is homework the night before) in the designated place. Each student will get one free homework pass incase they forgot it at home or didn't do it. After that, it is marked down by 5% for each day it is late.
What to expect from me:
I will do my best to teach interesting & innovating lessons to keep the students engaged in learning and tackling the science objectives this year. I will put forth my best effort to ensure each child is adequately challenged and receives the help he/she may need. I hope to leave my students with the encouragement and motivation to go on to become anything they are willing to work towards, regardless the hardships they may face.
What I expect from you:
- Encourage your children to do their best at all times
- Be involved in your child's academics
- Be sure your child gets proper nutrition
- Be sure your child gets enough rest each night
- Be sure your child is present & prepared for school each day
- Feel free to contact your child's teacher with any concerns
*** Please send the required supplies to school with your child on the first day of class(supplies sheet is attached)
Topics we will focus on this year:
- Physical Earth
--This topic focuses on the physical features of Earth and how they formed. This includes the interior of Earth, the rock record, plate tectonics and landforms.
- Forces & Motion
--This topic focuses on forces and motion within, on and around the Earth and within the universe.
- Species & Reproduction
--This topic focuses on continuation of the species.
Feel free to contact me by phone or email; however, the attached form will explain a new PTS program I am implementing. This parent-teacher-student program will be a mobile application (you can also access on desktop) to keep everyone informed about academic progress as well as general and important information. The sheet tells you how to find the application and the login code to get connected! I encourage you all to take advantage of this program.