YEAR 7 TECHNOLOGY AND DESIGN
What is happening..
Following the provided technology design process cycle and the weebly outlining their tasks, students work individually and collaboratively to record their ideas that will be used as evidence of their investigation towards their final assessment.
The summative assessment will be a presentation of a submission supported by a justification as to their choices of design.The design must take into account other factors such as ease of access for a range of physical abilities, and diverse ranges of age groups and their needs.
In this unit students will
- investigate parks already constructed
- create a survey
- analyse survey results
- investigate/brainstorm and record possible solutions/scenarios and choose the best fit
- investigate equipment - cost, suitablility,
- take into account land size
- evaluate design ideas, processes, solutions (peer assess)
- communicate ideas using technical terms and technologies
- examine factors - social, ethical, sustainability considerations
- engage with experts from local council and others who specialise in planning/developing
- use a variety of ICT tools to communicate their ideas
Design and Technologies Knowledge and Understanding
- Examine and prioritise competing factors including social, ethical and sustainability considerations in the development of technologies anddesigned solutions to meet community needs for preferred futures(ACTDEK029)
- Analyse ways to produce designed solutions through selecting and combining characteristics and properties of materials, systems,components, tools and equipment (ACTDEK034)
Design and Technologies Processes and Production Skills
- Critique needs or opportunities for designing and investigate, analyse and select from a range of materials, components, tools, equipment and processes to develop design ideas (ACTDEP035)
- Generate, develop, test and communicate design ideas, plans and processes for various audiences using appropriate technical terms andtechnologies including graphical representation techniques (ACTDEP036)
- Independently develop criteria for success to assess design ideas, processes and solutions and their sustainability (ACTDEP038)