Video Message from Mr. Smith, Principal
25th Annual Creative Expressions Competition by the City of Chandler
The 2021 Creative Expression Competition is focusing on Culture and Equity Across Time. We hope this theme allows our Chandler youth to reflect on how things are changing and gives an opportunity for their voices to be heard. The three types of entries are writing, visual art and video. If you think your students would be interested in participating in this year's Creative Expression Competition to promote unity and diversity within our community, please share this information with them.
Entries can start on October 1st.
All entries MUST be submitted by October 30, 2020.
For full details you can visit chandleraz.gov/creativeexpression
Fall School Pictures
Dress: School Uniform
Retakes and Make Up Date: Wednesday, November 4th
School Pics will be taking the following precautions for school pictures:
- Camera equipment is set up so that students are at the 6’ or greater distance from photographer and each camera set.
- Students will stay 6’ apart when waiting inside the library at each camera station, and vinyl markers are set up to help students visualize where to stand.
- Photography staff will wear masks or face shields at all times.
- Photography staff will bring HEPA filtration systems for each camera station that clean down to .3microns.
- Students will groom themselves under staff supervision at each grooming station. Folding mirrors are provided at each grooming table and are standing upright so students can check their grooming without touching the mirror. Single-use combs and hand sanitizer are also provided.
- Class pictures are composite style and not taken as a group in order to follow social distancing guidelines.
All orders will be online through the School Pics website. Approximately two weeks after picture day, the school office will forward information from School Pics on how to access your student’s digital proofs, along with special pricing and free delivery to school for orders placed within the Initial Ordering Deadline.
Noontime Aides Needed
CTA Liberty is looking for noontime aides to assist at lunch. The position is for 2 hours from 10:30 am to 12:30 pm. If you are interested, please apply at https://chandler.tedk12.com/hire/index.aspx
Search: CTA Liberty
Read for the Record Day
State Forty Eight T-Shirts
CTA Liberty State Forty Eight Shirt and Sticker Pre-order
Our collaboration with State Forty Eight is here! Shirts are available to pre-order and will be delivered to your student. Orders will be placed periodically, so watch the due date on the form. Two items are available: a navy short-sleeve crew neck T-shirt with the CTA Liberty State Forty Eight logo in red with white as well as a sticker with the logo. Questions? Email Mrs. Tollefson at email@example.com. Please return the form with your payment to your child’s teacher. Cash and checks made out to CTA Liberty PTO will be accepted.
Cost each: Youth sizes- $18.00 (smallest size available is medium) Adult sizes- $20.00+ (depending on size) Stickers- $3.00
The first order is due October 2nd. The second order will be due October 23rd.
Kristin K. Tollefson
Media Specialist / Librarian
Social Committee and Battle of the Books Advisor
CTA- Liberty Elementary
SAFETY SCHOOL REMINDERS
Message from Mrs. Melissa Lerma, Dean of Students
It has been great to have all of our students back on campus. It is wonderful to hear the productive buzz coming from classrooms. We have a few safety reminders as we continue to make safety a priority at CTA Liberty.
Drop Off and Pick up:
- Please stay in your vehicle when dropping off and picking up. Our teachers and staff are always happy to help.
- Please have student's masks in place when you arrive at school. This will help the continual flow of drop off.
- When dropping off or picking up, please have your student(s) exit and enter the car on the curb side only.
- For the safety of pedestrians and other cars, please do not perform U-turns in front of the two school entrances or at a 3-Way stop.
- When dropping off in either parking lot, please drop off in the designated areas only (In front of the office or in front of the multipurpose room). Please do not drop off until you reach those areas.
Thank you for your support in keeping all of our students and staff during this process.
Mrs. Melissa Lerma, M.Ed.
Dean of Students
Checking in on our learners!
State 48 T-Shirts
For reference, this 1st grader is wearing a medium (size 8).
Mr. Smith pied Mr. Alcala from ACP-Oakland
Mr. Smith won the fund raising competition. Together Mr. Smith and Mr. Alcala raised over $2,000 for the Chandler Care Center.